Diarrhea/Stomach discomfort Undiagnosed for 6 months. No one is helping!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone. 23 yr old male. Ive had diarrhea since february during a course of antibiotics I was taking. The diarrhea never went away, initially I had 5-7 BM a day, now its down to 1-2 but are very soft. Everything I eat comes out completely undigested, I ate a bowl of blueberries that came out exactly the same as they went in. I also have a gnawing feeling in stomach,  excessive burping, belching when stomach is empty. Everything my doctor did/tested for:

Colonoscopy -unremarkable 

Endoscopy - gastritis 

C Diff- negative

H pylori - negative

Ova and parasites -negative

Giardia - negative

Stronglyoids - negative

Hepatits (Hep A came back BORDERLINE) 

Celiacs - negative

Chrons- negative

Please does anyone have any ideas??? IM SUFFERING. I need to go to work/ school. I had to do a medical leave from college, and lost my job. Month 6 already and I can’t take it anymore.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi wes44chino

You don't mention what antibiotic you were prescribed. A lot of antibiotics are very strong and alter the balance of our gut flora and we end up with gastritis..To combat this keeping a food diary of what triggers the diahorrea is a good start. Only eat a bland diet no spicey or rich foods, nothing acidic and no fizzy drinks or citrus fruits. Leave out eating 'bowls of blueberries' just a few bits of fruit(not citric). Drink plenty of water and decaf coffee and tea. Try go gluten free also. Take probitoics and eat prebiotic foods. Have biopot yogurts with cultures. It may take some time for your gut to return to normal after making these changes. It happened to me after taking Metrodizanol..but i got there in the end!😊...i hope this helps you on the road to recovery...

• Posted

I took ciprofloxacin for a week, then clarithromyxin for a week, and finally metronidazole for 2 weeks. The diarrhea seems to be caused by anything and everything, ive tried diet changes removing all lactose/gluten. Spicy foods definitely make it worse, but thats a problem ive always had.  Ive been talking probiotics and it seems the effects last for a day or two and then stop. Thanks for the help, though
    • Posted

Hi wes44chino

That's a lot of AB's. Yes sorry i spelt Metronizadole wring that is whati took on it's own with no other. It's not surpruding you have tgese gut problems. You may want to ask your doc to do stool test, urine test and blood for stomach Candida which is left over from taking a lot of AB's and can make you feel quite dreadful...

• Posted

Ok now get the flora critical care 50 billion probiotic and try it.  Let me know...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.