Diazepam

Posted , 8 users are following.

Have not heard from anyone that's been in this discussion for cpl weeks now.  Just hopeing all of you are well and dealing with life as best as you can.  You all no what I mean.  So really just a hello from me and keep your chins up.  I'ts hard I know, pls feel free to let me know how any of you are going.

2 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Nicola ..how are YOU doing? You are always commenting on other peoples problems but you never say how you really are.

I have just reduced citalopram 40mg to 5 mg over one year..feel so much better...still take the diazepam and have no desire to come off them as you know ..hope like in OZ is treating you well

best wishes 

Pat

• Posted

I had not been good at all Pat, so was off the computer, you no what i mean just could not really do anythng but since seeing my Phsyciatrist again and starting sertaline going up to 150mg and he put me back on Diazepam I' feeling much better, so glad he understands that I'm not ready to come off,  it's been 10 years now, time got away.  So thank you for your thoughts Pat and so glad your feeling better.  We are coming into spring now and OZ is really starting to warm up, still a little chilly of  night but so nice of a morning, I get my morning sun and excersising.  I'm not looking too far ahead, Meds wise as just to feel normal and enjoying life again at the moment is so wonderful.  Lucky to have my psyc,  he is young and researching this problem we are all dealing with.

We have not spoken for so long, I've thought of you alot sending you good thoughts.  Take care and no that im feeling better.  Thanks Pat,  Kindest wishes  Nicola. xx

• Posted

Hi i am on 23 mg and the side effects are mental. I was on 55 to 60mg about two years ago .It's been ages since I've felt human. Some people say that I am doing well. But I feel like I int. Half a mg every 6 7 weeks then I have to drop a halt a mg again. I take sertreline 150mg 40mg Anitrityline as well to help me. I was given diazepams for ten years due to a panic attack and anxiety. Am my doing good or is what they say . Regards shell

• Posted

Hi Shell..you have done remarkably well to reduce from such a big dose .Where do you live? ..was it yout choice to come off diazepam or wre you told to do it.?I have been on diazepam for over 40 years and when I came off them I wanted to die..what side effects are you getting? Did you feel normal while you were on the high dose of Diazepam? I take 40 5mg tabs a week and feel fine..you have to weigh up if your quality of life is being affected by this withdrawal..your reduction plan is good as it's slow ..if you can manage you are doing really good.

do write back

regards Pat

• Posted

Hi I live in the UK. Yes it was my choice to come off them. Side effect s I'm getting is no sleep. Head ache stomach pain. Sickness. Jelly leg's and arms. Bruised wrist due to painful veins. Bad dreams. High anxiety sweaty hands dry mouth score gum s. This is one rough ride. When will it stops. Regards shell
    • Posted

Shell you are one brave lady ..I know the side effects can last a while ..did you suffer while you were on Diaxepam ? ..if so is this worse? I wish you well 

regards Pat 

• Posted

I know what you mean, every one says you are doing so well but really you dont feel good at all.  Although I am proud of you, I have been through what you are going through a few times each time I have gone back on due to the fact I just can't live like that for years.  So you are a better woman than I.  I wish you all the best my dear, I so feel for you as if you have not been through it yourself you dont understand.  BEST WISHES  Nicola.
    • Posted

Hi again Shell,

Pat is one wise lady, you have done well to come this far but like Pat has said, weigh up how you felt while you were on them till how your feeling now as it can take a long time, these horrid withdrawals.  It does not sound like your in a good place, all the symptoms of bad withdrawals.  If your able look up Benzodiazapam's it will at least let you know what to expect but everyone is different. 10 years of this in your system may take a while for your whole mind, body and soul to recover so take it slow if your determined to go forward.  Let me no how you are going and you take care.  I hope you have some support.  I am here for you.  Nicola x     cry  I feel for you.

• Posted

Hi week 7 and the side effects are still nasty. Brian feels like it spinning out. Sickness. Legs and arms like jelly. When I was on diazepams I felt ok. But my body just wanted more.so I ended up feeling sh*it. That's why you should stop became it wants you to take them. Same Day s I feel like I want more but I just ride it out. Shell. Hay surly it will get better soon I hope.

• Posted

Early days yet I'm afraid ..but as you'd developed a tolerance for the pills you made the right decision to come off them.I am lucky I guess ..never needed more..in fact I have reduced from 30mg a day to 10mg five days a week and feel stable

as you are taking it slow you are minimising the withdrawal effects ..it probably doesn't feel like it to you because you are suffering ...you seem strong enough to deal with it..you can do it.

I  found saunas a great help..sweating the toxins out of your body..if you have one in your local gym and can afford it I strongly recommend having plenty of saunas .Hope this helps 

keep in touch 

Pat 

• Posted

When you say you are on 23 mg is that a per day or per week ...and when you were on 60mg two years ago was that per day or ore week ?
    • Posted

23 mg a day. Having a really bad day brain spinning out big time
    • Posted

Oh 60mg a day two years ago
    • Posted

Sorry to heat that..maybe your reduction is too fast..maybe you should stabalise on say 25mg and keep on that for a few weeks ..you should not be suffering so much..see your GP ..you have a life to live ..not to suffer this much 
    • Posted

60mg a day to 23 mg is one hell of a drop ..try and get on a dose that gives you some peace and stick with it for several months ..coming down from 60 mg should IMO take a few years ..on reflection I think you are not going slowly enough 
    • Posted

Try to remember a dose that you were happy with and go back to that...stay on that dose for much longer than you did ..hope that helps 
    • Posted

Hi thank god I had a better day today this is one mental drug. Why do doctors hand them out. Well you all know I am on 23mg a day on week 7. And just remember I made it so far. Life I believe will be a 100% better without this drug in me. I will do anything to get off them how ever long it takes. And thanks again for your help on here. I will keep you up dated lol on this mad ride. God help me cause I am going to need it.. regards shell
    • Posted

Very happy for you😃😃....you have the right attitude ..keep it up 

all good wishes 

Pat 

• Posted

Hi just a little update .as you saw I had one good day. Then back in bed will all the nasty surprises off side effects. I would rather give birth. The pain hitting my body all over. Leg's arms weaknesses al over. My brain losing control. Anxiety been high . I ask myself why is this so hard. Do anyone else feel like me.

Regards shell

• Posted

Sorry to hear that ..but unfortunately thar is what withdrawal is all about.....read what I said above ..maybe stabilise for LONGER on a higher dose ..take care ..I couldn't do what you are doing ..I would rather die 

regards 

Pat

• Posted

Hi I can't go up it's took me two years to get this fair. I will ride it out again I hope. May I ask why you think you can't do it. Surely a pill free body got to be better?

Regards shell

• Posted

I've been off them twice and wanted to die..I can't go through that again.Unlike you I never developed tolerance for them ..I have cut down from 30 mg a day to approx 7.5 mg ..I am happy on that ..why rock the boat when I feel finev..I am one of the lucky ones I know 

I wish you well 

Pat 

• Posted

Hi I have been told that most people go back on them. I just pray that I can come off them and be okay.

• Posted

You do have a very good attitude Shell, stong minded and yes alot of it is mental but a large part is pysical or you would not be feeling this way.  I understand what Pat means, I too, tried to come of twice, followed all the rules, went to a detox center they get you down to nothing over a two week period, (too fast) and keep you there for 48 hours valium free, it's not pleasant at all but as they have a long half life the bad withdrawals dont usually hit until your out of the center.  I stayed off them completly for 9 months and like you kept thinking it has to get better and I've come this far.  Problem was I had no life, was having all the symptoms you have described plus seziures about 6 months in and really wanted to die.  Locked my self in my room, could not bare to talk to anyone, to go out was just the worst.  I had to go to different appointments, I had support at least, I could not drive so someone would drive me, sweating and anxiety got worse when I had to go out.  Went back to my Psychiatrist many times and he actually on the second try which was very similar to the first put me back on them, not huge amounts, it made such a difference to my life, like pat said if she's feeling good at 7.5mg then that's good for her and she came along way from 30mg. 

I would rather die than go thru that again, down the track I will try a slow tapper and see how that goes, I agree I would love a pill free body but these Docs put us on them so long ago, like i've said a million times we were their guinea pigs, now they no what this drug does they don't just hand them out anymore which is good but leaves us trying to recover from their mistakes.  In the States there are thousands if not more people battling this problem, disease almost and I've read some are going fo compensation as they should never have been given hem for more that 3-4 weeks tops or warned them of side effects and addiction.  The Medical profession is sweating bullets.

This is just my experience, you are a better woman than I and I hope you get thru this quicker and once you have you will feel great.  I have faith in you.  Just remember you had a good day then another bad one, I remember about 8 months in one day I felt really good like I was on a natural high and thought YES its almost over, next day I was worse than I'd been before, nature of the withdrawal.  The slower you come down the easier it will be so dont completly rule out going back up to a more comforable dose, it does not mean your weak it's better on your body and mind and then perhaps come down slower.  Just a thought.  My thoughts are with you, don't be to hard on yourself. OK!  BEST WISHES Nicola xxxx

• Posted

I think i can speak for all here, we are all thinking of you and I am even sending you Reiki (I no people think bloody hippie) can't hurt though can it!
    • Posted

To true Pat, saunas, and I did find epsom salts in a bath for 30 minutes helped the muscles.  Epsom salts are specifically used to detoxify.  I have a natropath friend and he has a product called shiat, from the himalayas, it's this stuff that oozes out off rocks from deep within the earth, the natives there notices the monkeys use to suck on it and they were renound for being rather intelligent and would have long life spans.  Therefore the natives use to collect it and eat it, they have one of the highest rates of centerians in the world, (people that live over 100) also over time they had no rate of stroke or heart attack or many diseases, mind you they are not living a western life full of preservatives etc either but they truly believe this stuff is GOLD.  They did tests and have made it into a powder form for humans and it is suppose to take toxins directly out of our cells.  I used it and felt a difference, my mistake was i did not find it till I was back on and it was taking it out too fast thus going into withdrawal every morning.  I feel if i'd used it when I was completly off on one of the times I did it, It really would have helped.  So If I get the courage again and i'll tapper I would use it then, my friend does not charge me which is a bonus, as some are just in it for the money. Ii'm a little sceptical but I do belive in the spiitual side and mother nature, that's for sure.xxx
    • Posted

Thanks for your help. Another day of bad side effects in bed. I want to ride this one out. Then how long do you think I should drop again. I was doing every 6 7 weeks by half mg that's what my doctor say. It wa a hole mg but that was to much. I thought I was doing it to slow. And I keep getting women trouble not just once a month can do 2 times a month. I hate feeling like this. ? And I know you are all going through the same. ? I hate my gp for doing this to me.
    • Posted

You should not be having 2 periods ......the reduction is up to you ..how you feel ..if you feel you can do it....if you think the time is not right have a rest 
    • Posted

You know what when this claim I am going to need to rest. I can't believe how quickly this drug knock you down like this. Can't eat don't even have any life in me. Just want this to settle down so I can get out. Surely after 7 weeks it should off settle by now. ? This is bull cramp. This is one powerful drug.
    • Posted

Sorry to say but withdrawal can last a long long time..if you research the topic some people take years ..sorry  to be blunt but I think you should be prepared ..it may settle down fotr you or it may not..diazepam is truly an evil little pill o
    • Posted

Yeah I know. Just making me feel crazy to day. Just want it to leave me alone. Pat thank you for reply s they do help just knowing some one understand how it is.

Shell

• Posted

Hello Shell,

I have been off the Diaz for almost nine months now,   still having a bad time.  Not as bad as first,  but it is wearing me down to the  thin edge.   Keep the decrease in dosage down as low as you can, and take your time with each drop.  Wish I could give you good happy positive news  really do,  I was told a year,  I believe it will be,  it just gets me down so low at times, I never ever went back up a dose,  that would just make the whole thing last longer.

I wish you all the best Shell.

Regards Jessie

• Posted

Shell,

With the womens thing, I use to sometimes get 3 a month and BAD cramps, take some Magnesium tablets, help with muscle pain and cramps.  Also EPSOM salts in a bath i still use it is to help to detoxify your body. xxxx  Nicola

• Posted

Hi , I just want to tell everyone That I am now diazepam free.

I never thought I would make it.

I went from 8mg tp nil do I could regain control of my life.

If you want to chat O am here x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.