Did anyone cold turkey mirtazapine 45 mg after 1.5 yand eats and is ok now ??

Posted , 9 users are following.

7 days after stopping mirtazapine 45 mg abruptly .. bad nausea and not eating does it ever get better .. please any success stories?! advice

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Edited

no but ive stopped 15mgs 3 times cold turkey and recovered everytime

• Posted

thanks for the reply how long did it take you to stop having symptoms?

• Posted

HI Toria can we plz chat i need some advise if you dont mind and i will be forever grateful

• Posted

were those the extreme unbearable symptoms or it will be better in a month

• Posted

it was horrible for a long time im sad to say but it does get better, water, good food, exercise, music and epsom salts helped me, its very important to keep hydrated and avoid sugar and caffeine x

• Edited

thank you Toria he is a fighter not wanting to go back to it at all its day 10 .. symptoms are always there but they come in waves of very intense and daunting to somewhat a little bareable where he goes on his fone a little and watches his fav stuff .. since mirtazapine was making him isolated for a year and a half after being a healthy boy and also while on it it was suppressing his appetite so we have nothing to lose except for the forced zombie controlling sleep it was forcing him to go to bed .. we adapted a new thing now where instead of being alone in his room we are staying dowstairs in the lounge area and the lockdown is helping as noone comes over so we sleep here am always waking when he wakes up at night to help him with anxiety and reassuring him that everything will be fine and that seems to work but i must admit i go through tormenting times when he associate all the pain he is going through with the GP and me coz i consented to this medicine being prescribed( i never knew that a doctor would be criminal to do this to a child ) anyway i been in touch with many medical sources psychatrists pharmacists including a brain neurosurgeon they said if he can bare the symptoms they will slow down with time and eventually disappear most are saying should be a month for the effect to start easing .. with my son most other symptoms dissapeared its mainly the tummy ache and the appetite as his sleep seems to be improving and that is due to finding comforting when he wakes up in the night .. am offering him different food and he nibbles and that is starting to put some nutrients back in his body which he was deprived from while on mirtazapine anyway so thank GOD for this .. i will find him some good doctor for the stomach I AM PRAYING FOR HIM EVERYDAY ..

thank you TORIA FOR EVERYTHING .. GOD BLESS EVERYONE ON HERE

• Posted

that is brilliant that he is seeing improvements, im so happy about that ❤️

• Posted

45 mgs & stopped abruptly?????? Sorry to say but you should never have done that.

At this point, you should consult with a doctor or you'll just need to ride it out.

Best of Luck to you

• Edited

Hi

I'm supporting my husband off mitzapine. He has been on it for 3 years and he is now down to 5.62 ml

He did get off it last year but struggled with withdrawal so the doctor put him back up again so we have had to start all over again. its not a race and i wish you luck with going cold turkey.

take care

• Edited

not a good idea to cold turkey this crap. Try dramamine for nausea. It worked for me but I tapered very slowly over a 10 month period and have fully recovered. Good luck.

• Edited

There seems to be agreement that coming off mirtazipine or any ssri or srni very, very slowly is the way to avoid withdrawal symptoms. On the other hand I have read that some people get symptoms even with a tapered withdrawal. I withdrew over 4 weeks which is considered a short taper. I have suffered symptoms for 18 weeks. I am finally recovering. I got good support on this forum, particularly from Toria. Noone can tell you how much longer your symptoms may last if you stay off the drug, but it will end. You have the option to reinstate and taper much more slowly which might be a good idea.

• Posted

thanks for the reply guys !! am on no sleep no food due to staying up with my son he seems to have symptoms ease at times a tiny bit during this time he is freshening up . i hope everyone recovers 100%

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.