Did anyone cold turkey mirtazapine 45 mg after 1.5 yand eats and is ok now ??

Posted , 9 users are following.

7 days after stopping mirtazapine 45 mg abruptly .. bad nausea and not eating does it ever get better .. please any success stories?! advice

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

ive just stopped 15mg after using it for 4 months. second night awful nightmares and insomnia, its getting better now (5 days in) feel a little sick and mild headaches but nothing i cant handle. beginning to stop craving sweets and carbs - will never go on this pill again.

• Posted

stay stronGg ♥ his stomach ache is so bad it keeps hurting him a doctor is telling him another 11 days and things will be better ..the main prob he has is tommy ache thats what wakes him sometimes

• Posted

just been offered this as cutrently going through peri menopause

waking up 3am 5am with anxiety its really effecting me

any advice plzzzz xxxx

• Posted

I can only advise you based on my experience. While it did make me sleep, it caused horrible nightmares and weight gain. I never felt that it helped my anxiety. I was on it for 4 years and gained 30 pounds. It was extremely difficult to get off of. I tapered for 10 months but finally got off last October. I have lost 20 of the 30 pounds gained and can sleep without meds now. Just be careful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.