Did anyone here do mini-monovision?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Are you happy? Any input?

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Worried just cam back from an almost 2 week holiday in UK doing things I don't regularly do often and although I brought my reading glasses in case I encountered a situation where I could bot read something, I didn't once take them out of the case. Did need regular non prescription sunglasses as I always find being outside too bright without them. Did lots of walking visiting castles, museums, Churchill's war rooms, art galleries and other museums, up the London Shard, golf, biking (only trouble with that was remembering to cycle in left and overcome nervousness on barrow streets).

I am on a computer at work most my day and haven't had an issue with that but nice to do a variety of things and not need glasses. My usual holidays are escaping Canadian winters south and snorkeling (that too was amazing to experience for first time - and see all the coral and fish as I was near sighted since childhood).

I am pleased with the Symfony lenses for myself. Walked around London at night and even took in theatre. Was curious to see what that would be like as well as I live in a relatively small province/city in Canada. Theatre was fine - no unusual spiderweb circles popping up there. Just the faint ones I see on traffic lights and cars when they break.

I know many of the doctors your wife is seeing don't recommend EDOF or multifocals but really think your wife should have at least one consult with a surgeon who implants them regularly who has good skill and results. You live in a place where there are far more advanced lenses in those categories than I have access to.

• Posted

Hi Sue, Looks like you had a well deserved holiday and very happy that EDOF is working so well.

I probably would go for EDOF if it was my eye or maybd... damn I don't know.

I tried testing my wife's resolve and she is very fixed on mini monovision.

We have seen basically the 2 top places and they don't do it unless you sign extra papers and they are not very keen even though it would be financially better for them. This as you can understand is bit worrying from our POV.

The impression i also get is that things will be harder to manage as she gets older with glasse/contact correction when using multifocals IOLs.

She is just too scared to be a guinea pig.

Also it is very hard to know what to believe online. I mean anyone can open an account here and type anything including mulifocal manufacturers. Same with studies that might be funded by them.

I know it sounds bit paranoid but wife thinks she would go crazy if she ends up needing 6+ months or never to adapt to multifocals.

• Posted

Completely understand and decision I made not right one for everyone. She needs to be comfortable with the decision.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.