Did I have a mini-stroke?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Last week, I was dealing with a pretty bad headache. For the last few months, I’ve been having headaches more frequently. I have had issues with migraines in the past but nothing too serious. This time, something felt different. I went to work and went through my day as I normally would. But the headache persisted. By the time I got off work, it was entering into migraine territory.  I cam home feeling extremely tired and I was having difficulty thinking and functioning. As I said, I’ve had migraines before , so I figured that’s what I was dealing with. But something just didn’t feel right.  While spending quality time with my wife I had an unbelievable pain around my right temple. I couldn’t breathe or speak and struggled to move my right arm up to my head. For roughly 20 minutes I could barely move or talk. My wife took me to the ER and while I was there I was still having horrible pain in my head. I could barely move my right arm and my right leg couldn’t support my weight. I had no function on the right side of my face. As hard as I tried, I could not open my right eye or the right side of my mouth. I couldn’t answer any of the questions I was asked. It felt like I was having an out of body experience. I didn’t feel like me at all. The hospital never did any tests for a stroke. They treated me for a migraine. I’ve never had a migraine like that before and I’m not sure what I experienced was a migraine. In the days since, I’ve found myself very fatigued and my right arm has been slightly weaker than usual. My hands have had issues with nerves twitching and the right side of my head has been hurting in the same area. I’m 36, so I’m concerned about more potentially worse episodes occurring. Was it just a really bad headache? Or something worse?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wise to do so. Scrubby. I'll try to remember to post after my Neuro appt. I'd forgotten I had a granddaughter until my brother reminded me. The docs want to try experiencing some of the horrid post stroke after effects they don't tell you about! Best of luck.

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your experience 

I was lucky when I had a mini stroke ivwas in a car with a friend. And suddenly I had a blurry vision he took me straight to hospital 

And they knew straight away that it was a stroke 

They did an MRI on the brain for me and they located the clot

Because I went to hospital straight away when it happened the recover so far is very good. In general if you still got damage you have a chance to recover we'll the doctor will give and advise... Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.