Did you experience a lot of symptoms/complications after having your gallbladder removed?

Posted , 17 users are following.

I’m conflicted on what to do. Since I have been eating a low fat diet, I have not experienced any dreadful gallbladder attacks. My only trigger foods seemed to be greasy, fried, & fatty things. However, I have been thinking about having it removed to avoid more issues later on. After reading some of the discussions on here & a couple other sites, I am not so sure I want to. I have seen others saying that they do not feel better post OP & still have a lot of discomfort & digestive issues. That worries me greatly, & it is making it harder to come to a decision. I just want to feel normal again, but now I am afraid I never will. I thought removal would be the answer, but now I am not so sure. Any input is welcomed. 

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I don't think anyone can say how we will be after surgery ,I had my gallbladder removed almost 10 months ago and I'm worse now than I was before.

Before surgery I could eat , now I'm barely able to eat . Medical professionals

Don't want to know . So do plenty of research before the operation and then

make your mind up .Hope it goes well for you.

• Posted

For me , I got diagnosed with with non working gallbladder and after 5 years formed gallstones. Gallbladder pain is not the issue for me, but other symptoms started to show up like dizziness, extreme fatigue, ringing in ears , headaches, food allergies and right side eye pain since gallbladder issues started and I feel surgery is the only option left for me.. Do you guys have these kind of symptoms?
  • Posted

Hi, I feel the same way too. After I’ve read all of the discussion on the post Op. I haven’t had my surgery too. Actually my mom was also diagnosed a long time ago and recently she was advised for a surgery coz there’s a lump on her gallbladder so it she needs to proceed on the surgery. I noticed when I drink too much of coffee the pain was getting worst. Then last week too when I drink fresh milk. I am really worried about this issue. It gives me anxiety
  • Posted

Hi in same position as you have very low fat diet, I know the triggers and avoid foods that cause aches, pains and serious pain! But have decided after managing diet for 5 years to have opp, because keeping gallbladder could lead to further complications. I have several stones and one big stone. I’ve decided after reading about others experiences I will continue to manage diet after op and slowly reintroduce foods I have avoided! I didn’t want opp for same reasons as you but feel it is too unpredictable, I had an episode after eating half avocado, half ginger biscuit and small coffee...not good. Maybe speaking to GP will help you make decision? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.