Didn't take my meds today, advice needed?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Thank you for being here, I'm sorry I go on, I was wondering if you you could help, I didn't take my meds today, when I went out I had so much nervous, I'm not sure if it was me or because I didn't take my meds? I was wondering if I should take them now or just wait till tomorrow. I'm scared not taking them, because if today is to go by then I really don't want to go through it again. I don't always know what is the truth no more, I get so confused. 

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Can you tell us what meds you missed. Also, what is your regular dose including time of day.

Try not to panic. It happens to me all the time. I forgot my Sertraline this morning. For myself or someone else to advise, that bit of extra information would be great.

Take care pal.

• Posted

Sorry about my about my writing, Hope it makes sense.
    • Posted

Okay - well I am on 200mg, and I take my dose at around 08:00. I didn't realise until 15:00 that I had missed, so in my case I will not be taking any until tomorrow, which is the recommended advice.

For a 50mg dose once daily, you could perhaps take your dose now, and then tomorrow, take it later than normal, possibly choosing a median point, and then on Tuesday, take it at your usual time. That way your body will have the drug reasonably evened out.

If in doubt, take todays dose then speak to your GP or a Pharmacist in the morning for their advice one your dose tomorrow.

I hope this answers your question.

• Posted

PS: Just a point I forgot to mention, don't under any circumstances try to make up for the missing dose by taking 100mg instead.
    • Posted

Thank you, I have taken them, it's sunday afternoon, so relaxing now, just watching football, so should be no more stress. 
  • Posted

Take it now, and then take it as normal tomorrow. 50mg isn't a high dose and you'll be fine taking the two doses closer together than normal. If you don't take it and it goes out of your system it can take weeks to work properly again. 

On another note, regarding yesterday's conversation, has your doctor tried increasing your dose ever, as that may be why other things aren't working. 

X

• Posted

No, I go back on the 15th May, see how it goes, my panic attacks has been sorted, well nervous today, but my depression has not got any better, 
    • Posted

I have taken it now, not sure it was a wise thing, don't know what I was thinking, I hate having the anxiety, that to me is worse that the depression,  If ever I say anything like that again, tell me to think about this time. Thank you.
    • Posted

Your doctor will probably suggest it anyway but if not you can ask. Have you been on it long? I often plateau and have to have my doses increased. It won't be forever though, I've always managed to come back down afterwards. I'm still on meds now but so much less then I was a year ago. 

It's good that your anxiety is getting better, focus on that for the time being.

i often get nervous and shaky when I forget to take my meds on time, I think it's partly psychological, but it soon stabilises when I take them. 

If you can't wait until the 15th you can always ask for a telephone appointment in the mean time. X

• Posted

Started them about 4 or 5 weeks, worked well at the start, but then the last two weeks have been hard, so much going on, will see if it;s because of the extra stress, I think that what she is waiting for. 
    • Posted

I'm glad you've taken it. Hopefully you'll feel better now. Anxiety is horrible and depression seems to make it worse which then makes the anxiety worse. It's a horrible vicious cycle.

X

• Posted

Just keep taking them until you see the doctor in a few weeks. Even if you feel they're not really helping, they won't be making things worse. Hopefully, without the extra stress things will settle down and you'll start to feel yourself again x
    • Posted

Black hole, do know why you're anxious? I asked this because for me something triggers it. I usually worry about anything that I think I might lose. The anxiety subsides when I realize am not losing whatever that it be. When something happens to me and am not able to resolve it I become a nervous wreck. I can't stand waiting for certain decisions to be made especially over the weekend or long holiday period.

What are you anxious about, do you have an idea what it is?

• Posted

Hi I started off on 100mg of sertraline but it wasn't doing the job.  After a few weeks my doctor increased me to 150mg and I find they are helping a lot now.   I think you should go back to your doctor now rather than wait another couple of weeks or so and ask him/her to try increasing the dosage.   The maximum is 200mg.  Ok?  

My doctor told me to take the full dose in the morning rather than spaced out during the day and many a time I have forgotten to take them in the mornings.  I just take them as usual the next day.

Don't miss more than one day though as I did once and I felt shakey,  weak and dizzy.   Oh and don't even think about od'ing on them coz it won't work which is one reason why doctors like prescribing them.   The newer drugs like sertraline are much more od proof than the older types like librium and valium.  This is what my doctor told me when I did od on them...  x 

• Posted

Being around people, and making myself look silly or not being able to talk as I'm to thick. I'm scared of not being good enough to be there.
    • Posted

Good enough?  By whose standards are you judging yourself?   Who says the others are good enough and you are not?   You are as good as anyone else and don't forget it smile   If in doubt the best way is to smile and say nothing.   We all do it sometimes if we don't understand or get something and others do.   Who says you are thick?   We can all be thick but it's how you react to it that's important.   x

• Posted

I find it hard to open up face to face, so don't always say it all, I am really scared to tell her about bad thoughts, I couldn't do that. I find it just so hard, I am scared of doctors, so taken me huge effect to go. Even after all the visits I can't open up. If anyone asks me how I am I am fine, and won't tell them face to face. its is strange but I can write it here, 
    • Posted

I don't like myself, and feel I am not good enough in everything I do. I find it so hard to like me, I don't like me so why would others.
    • Posted

Black hole, I don't know anything about your medical history. But I will tell you this. Some years ago out of the blue I started experiencing palpitations, anxious with starry eyes and weight loss. I went to my GP at the time, the first visit it was a locum. He didn't know me but he told me that I suffering from anxiety. I found this very hard to believe as I didn't think I was worried about anything. I waited few weeks and went back and saw my GP. She repeated the same thing.

Since the patient should know their own body, I kept going back to my GP. They eventually did a blood test and it turned out that I was suffering from Graves disease in other words Hyperthyroidism. The levels of toxins in my blood was so high that I was referred immediately to hospital. The consultant said that had I not been referred when I did I the palpitations could have had a serious impact on my heart.

Please I have never met you but I care enough to share my own experience on here with you and everyone else.

If you're feeling the way that you're feeling then don't wait until May 15th.

Sometime there are other underlying health conditions that can go undiagnosed. See a healthcare professional straight away and then see your doctor later. We all care about you.

• Posted

You are a very hard judge Blackhole.  Would you treat other people as harshly as you treat yourself?  Other people see some good in you and like you so there must be something likeable there.   You can't see it because of the depression.   Accept this and get help please.  If you find it hard to talk to doctors why don't you write it down like you are here and just hand it into them?   Pretend you are writing on here....  x
    • Posted

Black hole, I don't think that you don't like you. I have similar experience... not very long ago a doctor told me that am angry at myself. But I told him he was wrong. I went through a lot of abuse as a child and I've carried my experience into adulthood. So I am angry and anxious that everything will go wrong as it did when I was a child. I told him that I didn't think I was angry at myself but angry at what happened to me.

But by the time I finished explaining to him I realized what he meant. I need to change the way I think. Although, am not a physical person, am always ready to fight my corner. This stems from I was never good enough as a child.

So without knowing your background I might say that you probably don't hate you but hate what you've been through. The only way that we can both free ourselves from this unconscious self hate we have to retrain our brain. We must tell our brain that we are just as good as anyone. 🙏

• Posted

I have come from a good home, good mum and dad and brother, brought up with manners. I have had a happy  bringing up, I don't know why I feel like this. I don't when I started thinking this. been like this a long time, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.