Didn't take my meds today, advice needed?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Thank you for being here, I'm sorry I go on, I was wondering if you you could help, I didn't take my meds today, when I went out I had so much nervous, I'm not sure if it was me or because I didn't take my meds? I was wondering if I should take them now or just wait till tomorrow. I'm scared not taking them, because if today is to go by then I really don't want to go through it again. I don't always know what is the truth no more, I get so confused. 

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Black hole, you must first all calm yourself down and don't be scared. Why do you think you stopped taking them? Do you believe that your mental state at the moment is a side effect of your medication. If you think that the side effect of the medication is causing you to think about harming yourself then I'll say to you that you must see a doctor immediately. Even if you must attend A & E. We are all here for you
    • Posted

I am calmer now, yes I wanted to hurt myself, I needed to hurt me, but when I have the anxiety, I decided that it was not good, have taken the meds now.
    • Posted

Very well black hole, am glad that you much calmer now. But please do take all that I have said into consideration. If you feel horrible again don't forget we are here for you, but don't forget A & E. 😇 we are all here for you. You're brave and you're doing the right thing by being on here. Enjoy the rest of the evening.
  • Posted

Just take your meds tomorrow at the same time as you would normally take them.

I cannot see how missing one day by accident can make any difference.

Just try to avoid missing them again, as that could become a habit.

• Posted

You and only you are in control of your life and therefore nobody has the right to tell you how to run it.

If you want to deliberately miss your medication well that is up to you.

We on this forum try our best to encourage people with problems to see the huge benefits of persevering, because things always change for the better in the end - we just have to be patient with ourselves and with those around us.

I know that what I have said must seem nonsense to someone in the thick of it, nevertheless I would implore you to give yourself the time necessary for you to heal and to consider taking the medications that have been prescribed for you, or if you feel that they are not working, to go back to your doctor and ask for a medications review. 

• Posted

Hi, sorry youre not feeling too good.  Best to always take your meds as prescribed by your doctor.  If you forget I think you should take them as soon as you remember but always consult your doc if not sure. I hope the meds help you  to feel much better.  Are you getting any other kind of help?  confused 
    • Posted

No, having online CBT but not finding it helpful.
    • Posted

What online CBT are you doing? Is that something you do every day/several times a day?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.