diet

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello. I'm trying to eat a healthier diet and up my fruit and veg in take. Unfortunately even just having two bits of fruit a day is really upsetting my stomach. What do you guys do to stay healthy, eating wise?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had gallstones and had my gallbladder removed at end of April.

So my eating habits have had to change.

No more fatty foods.

Junk food like crisps and biscuits only as an occasional treat.

Like you I am trying to eat more fruit and veg.

I think the thing with me is I also need to drink more.

Still a question of trial and error with me, eating different things, if I am OK with them fine, if not, leave them out. Everyone is so different.

Hope you manage to find a healthy diet that works for yuo.

Sarah

• Posted

I find caffeine, noodles and stress are my main really bad triggers. I didn't realise stoned fruit was bad. Everything that I struggle with is all my favorite. Also spicy food makes it awful. There is a part of me that thinks if I had a flare up I would be able to loose the weight but I can't handle that much pain. People don't understand that when you say you need the loo then you can't wait even 5 minutes.
    • Posted

Caffeine not good, I drink herbal teas, or redbush, but I do have one coffee, wish I could kick that habit, but it unblocks my sinuses in Morn so I still do it, Noodles are wheat I think, anything with wheat I avoid, I can have the occasional curry as long as its not creamy.  I have lots of things wrong with me, I find IBS is the least troublesome.  We all fall off the right foods to eat routine once in a while, after all were only human.  I do feel for people who are younger having IBS or equivalent, I only got it aged 47, but stress is the worst trigger, it affects all our bodies, my Dad died 6months ago, so had it not been for my partner, my IBS would have been much worse.  It does settle in my case, I long for that day to appear.
    • Posted

I'm really sorry for your loss. I hope you are looking after yourself. I was diagnosed at 13 and I'm now 24 and I still feel like it rules my life. With the anxiety which got really bad in august I have been on the anxiety meds and they help a lot but I want to come off them as I want a baby. I used to have a bad eating disorder and I'm worried that the panic about my weight is just that coming back which of course isn't helping stress.
  • Posted

thanks for your kind words on my Dad, ive had depression twice in my life, so know where your coming from, everything is so raw in your 20s, I can assure you mentally things get easier to bear as you age, or maybe its just me.  Maybe having a baby may give you a massive focus and your symptoms ease because of that.  I wish you all the luck conceiving, babies are joyous, dispite patches of sadness in my life, having my daughter was the best thing to happen, it changes everything, You will get there in the end, IBS has a funny way of just going away, when you least expect it.  I knew my Dad was going to die years in advance as he had dementia, and I treasure the lasting hours I had with him before he passed.  Just seen some lovely photos of him as a young man, what a looker!, he was 89, he had a very happy long life.  Have fun with you know what!!!! x

Debs

• Posted

It is hard watching someone you love slowly leave you and u get the impression you are a very brave lady. Thank you for your support and encouragement.
  • Posted

Thank you too sweetheart, Im not getting much support from my family, your kind words go along way.

Debs

• Posted

Sometimes family can be part of the problem not the solution.
    • Posted

yes none are expressing any grief, mind mum has parkinsons, and sister has MS is it any wonder!, life eh!, glad I have my partner, hes been wonderful. take care x
    • Posted

No wonder your stressed! Still they should grieve otherwise it might eat away at them and they could get worse. My mum has borderline personality disorder which she like to try and drag me down as much as she can. If it wasn't for my partner I would not be here. X
  • Posted

guess we just gotta be strong, shame we cant choose our family, we just have to muddle through the best we can, Im sure you will be a great Mum, keep positive, and be grateful we have great guys.  Gotta go.

Debs

• Posted

Hi Deborah

Sorry to hear of your loss I can relate. Lost my dad also. However it was suddenly from a heart attack. My siblings and my mom all went into chaos. Specially my kids he was a big part if their lives as he watched them when I worked. Since then I have anxiety, IBS got worse and now divertuculitis. Be strong take one day at a time.

Vivian☺

• Posted

Thank you Viv it was 6months ago, coping reasonably well, being the eldest in our family I have had tons to do. Divertuculitis isnt nice, but seems common in women I have known 2 older ladies with it.  Hope your coping with your loss, sudden death is such a shock.  Id been prepared for Dads passing for years, but he was gone quickly in 24 hrs when the time came. Take care

Debs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.