Diet for Diverticulosis with constipation plus IBS

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone out there with both IBS and Diverticulosis and a constipation sufferer.  Despite eating fibre Wholemeal bread veg fruit and porridge I still get constipation (small balls stuck together) it is only taking fybogel each morning that I think ensures I go every day.

Are there any high fibre foods which make constipation worse.    I cannot work out if anything affects the DD or the IBS possibly kidney beans but not sure.  I don't tend to eat spicy food and try to keep low fat but must admit to liking chocolate but try only to

have small amounts.  Having said all that I think anxiety plays a big part n constipation.  My anxiety is bad at the moment due to other problems.  I know everyone is different but it would nice to hear if other sufferers with constipation have any trigger foods in common.  Thanks.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I don't have IBS.  I have had several scans and they have found in the words of my consultant, significant diverticular!  If this afternoon aching persists I'll go back to Dr I think.

I may start making my own soups again as Sharon does ... I used to do it but got lazy! sad

• Posted

I would love to find a soup recipe without veggies , fat or meat !

No tomatoes or mushrooms either . Is there such a thing 🤔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.