Different brands...different side effects???

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all 

just a quick question about something that's popped into my mind

does anyone know or have any kind of knowledge as to whether different brands of Citalopram can cause different reactions/side effects??

A friend of mine has been on Cit for around 5 months now and hasn't had ANY side effects whereas I have and am still having many!

I asked her to show me her packet and it turns out she is on a different brand to me...so it started me thinking?!

Mine are Mylan ...hers actavis 

Any thoughts please!

Pamela 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Pamela. I noticed some brands made me feel worse than others . I managed to get citalopram made by a company called U.K. Generics it was very good. This company then stopped manufacturing them, so it was back to square 1. I now take Activas and have no problems at all. I think some people have a low tolerance to drugs.

Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.