Digestive Issues

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello. I am a male, 18 years old. Never had any digestive problems.

For the past 8-9 months I have been suffering a lot health wise.

It started with mucus in my stool and frequent diarrhea. It stopped after 2 months.

Then I started to lose weight (6 kgs in 5 months).

I also developed nausea and slight acid reflux. It's been like 6 months I have been constantly nauseated. The nausea is maximum in the mornings and it reduces after I eat/drink something or burp a lot.

I visited my doctor and he gave me some ppi medication, antacids and vitamin supplements.

I gained like 3-4 kgs within 2 weeks. But my nausea didn't stop. So I visited him again.

He asked me to get a blood test (normal), endoscopy (nothing found) and stool test (giardia parasite came out). He gave me antibiotics. I gained lot of weight again in 2-3 weeks. But I still am nauseated. Also, I find some weird black and white dots(like mustard seeds) on my stool only sometimes. I don't think that that is blood. Sometimes I even find some undigested food particles in my stool. It sometimes also burns a bit when I poop. I went dairy free for a month and it didn't made any difference. Although when I went gluten free for a month I felt really nice.

I have to go to college next month. So I want to get all well before I go for my studies.

If anyone can help, please do. I need it!

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I HAve just been told i have post infectious sibo relating back to the semonella sounds like you have PI ibs too - very common after a bacterial infection like semonella and giardia - it damages the gut lining. Try the fodmap diet - it may help although nothing much has changed for me. Still

Don't have an appetite and can't put on weight I've lost about 7kgs. Most was at the beginning but can't put it on. I have however cut out gluten diary alcohol

And processed foods so that's contributing also

To Loss of weight. It's crap and makes you miserable goodluck

• Posted

Yeah. Loss of weight sure makes me feel sick.

Although I have started to gain weight pretty nicely. I hope you get well soon too. Have a fun day!

• Posted

i have had gerd for many years and take nexium on and off. this year i had a lot of belching, going to bathroom, bloating. i took Mastic Gum (look it up). it went away and came back.

i dont know if this will help you. i was looking for a good gastro dr in Los angeles. i was reading thevreviews of onenDr on YELP. well a light bulb went off in my head when i read a couple reviews from people with gastro problems and how this dr duagnosed them with SIBO. in all my years going to gastro drs and never was i tested for this. look it up.

• Posted

i have had gerd for many years and take nexium on and off. this year i had a lot of belching, going to bathroom, bloating. i took Mastic Gum (look it up). it went away and came back.

i dont know if this will help you. i was looking for a good gastro dr in Los angeles. i was reading thevreviews of onenDr on YELP. well a light bulb went off in my head when i read a couple reviews from people with gastro problems and how this dr duagnosed them with SIBO. in all my years going to gastro drs and never was i tested for this. look it up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.