Digestive issues and brain fog

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Having a bit of a rough go these last few weeks, and am convinced it is all menopause related, but I find coming on here and reading your words to be very reassuring.

For most of the month of July, I have been having digestive issues- nausea, painful gas in my stomach and abdomen as soon as I eat, lack of appetite, and weight loss. It's very upsetting! On top of that, I often have major brain fog. I can't think straight at all! And it feels like my head is fully of cotton.

I have an amazing doctor, and booked phone appointment for tomorrow, but thought I'd come on here, in case you ladies have any words of wisdom or encouragement. Have a great day.

2 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

same here digestive issues at the moment woke up hot nauseous acid reflux gas buildup its tiring seems nothing i try helps i can take a nexium it gets rid of the acid reflux but causes worse bowel issues cant win for losing.

• Edited

hi i am currently having digestive issues as well. how are you ladies doing?

• Edited

digestive wise mine has calmed down, still have no appetite so forcing myself to eat. my big problem at the moment is aching painful joints limbs & absolutely no energy for weeks on end now dizzy head jelly legs struggle to even get out of bed! ive been on femoston 2/10 for 13 days now & if anything feel worse?

• Edited

Some days are fine, other days I feel like I have been poisoned.

• Posted

thanks sales. what kind of foods do you find you can tolerate? or which ones do you stay away from?

• Posted

do you feel like the digestive issues just come out of nowhere? i have bloating and gurgling. I can't figure out if it is something I am eating

• Edited

Hi Cindy

Have had nausea most of the time and upset tummy most mornings. I think when we get anxious it makes things worse which is hard to control when we worry so much. I am

dealing with dizziness daily and feel unbalanced also very shaky. I cry alot and try to tell

myself that its just hormones but I find it hard to believe when I feel so horrible all the time.

I hope you feel better soon. x

• Edited

Thanks! Every day it seems, there is something new going on in my body and mind. I'm so over it all. I am hanging in there and I hope you are too. Thanks for your reply!

• Edited

same here, feel like i get done with one symptom, and along comes another. its exhausting. after 5 years of this mess, i should be handling it better i guess. ((hugs))

• Edited

Hi! I am on day 2 of dizziness, feeling unbalanced and shaky. Just had a big cry! Nausea was so bad, I could barely eat my supper. Just thought I'd reach out, since you'd mentioned these symptoms in your reply. Feeling so discouraged!!

• Edited

Your post is exactly how ive been feeling for the last couple of months, digestive issues. Nausea, loss of appetite, anxiety, weight loss, brain fog, doom and gloom feeling. The list goes on and on. Its so depressing and doctors don't even understand where im coming from. Plus im dealing with high blood pressure too. Its such a misery and i completely understand how you feel. Thank God for this forum so we can support one another, as most people i know don't understand whats happening to me..

• Edited

Thanks for your reply! This forum allows to hang onto some of my sanity! We will keep supporting each other. 😃

• Edited

I feel exactly the same. I'm 43 with two small children (had them later in life) and feel like such a bad mummy as all I want to do it lay down.

I'm putting it down to hormones otherwise I am dying (sorry dramatic but thats how I feel).

I hope this passes for us all soon I just want to feel like myself again.

I can't make you feel better other than to say its nice to see others are feeling as bad as me (I don't mean that in a bad way obviously). x

• Edited

Hi!! I totally hear you! And many days, I also feel like I'm dying. Thanks for weighing in. I appreciate it so much! Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.