Digestive issues since Dec suspecting Gallbladder

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, forgive me in advance if this question has been asking repeatedly. Back in Dec I was returning from a holiday when I started having pain in my stomach that was so severe that I couldn't stand up straight. I almost asked my husband to take me to the hospital. I took some gas meds and it subsided. Ever since then I am having some digestive issues that have progressively gotten worse. After a meal (about and hour or two) My stomach starts to hurt. It's sometimes an ache but other times a sharp pain above the bellybutton. Then I become extremely bloated (looking pregnant), burping starts and indigestion. Sometimes gas meds work, but other times ( like the recent episode last night) doesn't. Sometimes the pain is so bad that the pain radiates up into my breast bone or into my back.. After a few hours it goes away or if I suffer until bedtime like that it is fine in the morning. I am also haivng some constipation issues. At first I thought I had acid reflux so I started to take Omeprazol. It seemed to work pretty good at first, but the problems returned. I even changed my diet to avoid gluten and wheat thinking it could be an intollerance but the problems remain. Last night a coworker of mine suggested that these are actually gallbladder attacks. Do these symptoms sound familiar?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

this sounds so similar to me, mine started in December mainly just to left of bellybutton under ribs, doubled up in pain, thought it might be diverticultis attack as had been told I had a few pockets five years ago but wrong palce really. Mine also feels like a huge build up of wind and eventually if I can bring that up it helps, or if I go to loo. Been on Omeprazole since Jan/Feb time as Doctor said its probably ulcers, like you helped for a while but then came back. Last week had horrendous pain again and now on triple therapy in case its H Pylori but will now ask to go to consultant as really egtting me down. I had an ultra sound done and although they saw some stones in gallbladder they said they weren't blocking anywhere and nothing inflamed so didn't think it was that. Can't pin point any particular food either. Back to Doctor next week now need it looked into more thouroughly as really getting me down now, don't want to eat anything today sad
    • Posted

I understand the fear of food.. I'm afraid of what is going to hurt or not. But it seems random.
  • Posted

I totally agree. I am the same and I have multiple stones in my bladder, I've had a camera and everything is clear so it's definitely my bladder that's causing all the pain . Some days are better than others and I can't lay down once I've eaten cos the pain is so intense xx I have to be at least 3 hours clear of food before I do xxx hope u get sorted and demand an endoscopy and Ct scan
    • Posted

is your pain on left or right? Because its normally right sided pain thats why they didn't think mine was gallbladder but since seen other people say they have pain on left. Also worry because many have theirs removed and still don't feel any betterĀ rolleyes
    • Posted

I get sharp stabbing pains on my right side under my ribs and also across my upper back and chest. I can be in so much pain it even hurts to breathe xxx I also get heartburn where sometimes it wakes me in the night xx when I have a flare up bad I can almost feel all my stones moving about inside and I know that sounds daft but it feels that way xxx where are you symptoms chick? I'll help the best I can xxx
    • Posted

mine always starts slightly to left under ribs, like its in a knot and being squeezed best way to describe it, then it gets sore right across abdomen evntually when having really bad turn and can hurt in my back. Symptoms just dont seem to add up to any one thing. Thanks smile
    • Posted

U really need an endoscopy xxx rules out ulcers/hernias/gerd etc then ask for a ct scan xx that will show any stones anywhere in your tummy xxx
    • Posted

yes I will ask for one now, had one 5 yrs ago when first had a niggle of pain but nothing like I have now, and a colonoscopy and scan but they couldn't really find anything. Definitely worse now though, just want to know whats going on, can't pin it down to any particular foods either.
    • Posted

As my stones have got worse I'm definitely worse with dairy. I've noticed there's a lot who have gallstones struggle with the same foods . All it takes is for me to feel full and the pain starts xx I have also had an ulcer ( I'm greedy lol ) so try a glass of fresh orange juice , if it hurts like hell you'll have an ulcer and not be able to tolerate acidic drinks xx
    • Posted

I take lots of different meds but tbh there's all useless as I still get pain . The best medicine for me is gaviscon advanced and plenty of warm water xxx
    • Posted

No, i'm American but currently working overseas in Brazil..Which adds a level of complications for me lol. I have medical coverage through my employer at least!
    • Posted

I'm in UK yes in Kent. Hadn't thought about Hiatus Hernia but reading about it some symptoms add up thanks will mention it. Just need to know whats going on then at least you don't panic about what it mght be. Do think dairy and fat in general makes me worse though, and can never eat apples. Will get to bottomof it soon I hope x
  • Posted

Hi Michelle sounds like you have gall stones love go to your doctor and ask for a scan that will show any stones you may have xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.