Dilating - how to do it?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have finally had my first try-out with the Femmax dilating kit. It wasn´t as bad as I expected. All sizes worked quite well with lots of vaseline, except the largest one which I guess is supposed to be the size of an average penis. I´m sorry for being so detailed and I hope noone is offended. The largest dilator caused me quite some pain, not unbearable but still problematic (excactly like it felt having intercourse which was years ago now). Today, the day after dilating, I am a bit sore but it is quite okej. Can anyone give me some advice how to go on? Should I wait until the soreness fades away before the next dilating or should I go on smoothly every evening? Do you recommend to continue with clobetasol once a day during the dilating treatment (even if I am sore)? My dermatologist doesn´t want me to go through Fenton´s procedure since she is afraid it will cause a flare up and more scarring. I am not sure, since my scarring is quite resistant and I think it will be difficult with only dilators but I will give it a try.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I too must use a dialator. Not for intercourse reasons, those days are long over, but to keep the opening. here is what I have learned. My doctors over the years have always said never use Vaseline as a lube. Use a water soluable form. Vaseline can irritate when used internally. I can't use KY or it's equivaltants but I found on Amazon a product called "YES". No more soreness. Also my doctor gave my Lidocaine to put on, very sparingly, before dialating. It helped greatly in the begining to the point I no longer need it because the tissues have decided to cooperate with me. I also put a pillow under my butt and use a round tube that I found in the exersize department to help my legs stay comfortable and relaxed. You have to be relaxed. Try camomile tea or like me play phone games with your free hand to get your mind off the procedure. A friend jokingly suggested some racy books  redface.

I use the clob every day, sometimes twice a day because I have an agressive case of LS. However, I do start with a small size and work up during the session until it gets uncomfortable. My doctors and surgeon both say if you go beyond uncomfortable to pain you are doing damage. Goodness knows I don't want more damage. One vulvectomy was enough thank you!

Good luck. If I can answer anything else let me know

• Posted

Oh, I just thought of something else. It may sound crazy, but I keep my dialators in the fridge. The cold eases the discomfort when I start each time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.