Dilemma of dread

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all

got the surgeon Friday about finalising the left operated shoulder to go back to work. or if i am allowed back.

got a letter this morning from ramsey health starting on the right joint !!!!!. as there is no movement internal and external after 36 months. they think i need intervention to give back ROM

cant do all this again. got the summons to see the surgeon on the 29th sept. my poor shoulders.

ho poo.

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

crikey @colin1964 where does this all end?

would you consider surgery again? how much ROM have you currently got?

got my rescheduled orthopaedic app for the 6th October.

I'm not going down the surgery route.

• Posted

hi michelle

crikey thats a clean way of putting it lol. and it goes on and on and on.

na i have suffered enough. just cant do it. mentally i am shot at the moment.

me ROM at the moment . overhand clap great.

arm to the side then straight up great. like a " me miss " at school arm up pointed.

all external internal rotation have 20% at 36 months !!!!!.

but the good thing about NHS it takes ages. had a guided injection to the capsule under the scanner nov last year to kill the ache only.

killed the ache did nothing for the ROM. i have been tested over the last two left shoulder operations while under anaesthetic ( cant lie ). its stiff in ext and int rotation .

my left shoulder surgeon laughs at my range of motion to the right side. which its a NHS shoulder ?.

just going to have wait and see ?.

colin

• Edited

oh christ ......i don't know what else to say except RUN away & don't look back!!!

• Edited

how did your appointment go on Friday Colin?

• Edited

hi piper

excellent. thanks for remembering lol.

had a good chat to the surgeon. he tested the tendon graft and passed me fit to be released from his care " yay".

i was at rehab this morning. i have been passed fit ish lol. they are weary of the muscle atrophy.

i have been upgraded to 5kg only above head height.

had a meeting at work and i am allowed back with restrictions 3 days a week from next week.

i have a meeting in Ely with the management monday at 8am . do's and don't.

this will allow me to rebuild the shoulder strength.

the surgeon offered to take a look in the right capsule. he ruled out hydrodilatation as its been 36 months and it will not get any better than what i have.

hey it works and doesnt ache. love him to bits for what he did. but passed for now on tampering with the right joint.

colin

• Posted

great news Colin.

hows the pain?

how about you Piper how are things going for you?

• Posted

Hi Michelle

all good. no pain issues thank god.

only thing that will hurt is getting up early on monday for work lol.

taken 20 weeks but i finally got there. just cannot mess it up this time.

going to make it plain and clear there are rules to stick to this time. all be it for the first 6 weeks.

baby steps back to work.

hope you both had a good bank holiday break

colin

• Edited

i'm sure it will feel strange to be back in work,i know you will be careful but seriously make sure they don't expect too much of you so ask for help and don't do anything you shouldn't be doing

• Posted

i'm just taking it day by day & doing physio exercises as much as possible. i think my ROM has increased a little bit and pain not as intense at night - so ill take those as wins

how are you doing?.are you still seeing improvements?

• Edited

Evening piper.

aaaawwwrrrr thought i was semi retired lol.

yup one more day of freedom. just printed all the reports for mondays meeting 8am in the Ely office

i have my boss , boss boss and boss boss boss.. all reports stipulate light managed work.

to be honest i have managed and risk assessed this shoulder since dec 2018. and now i know the limitations of the joint and i am not going back again.

love the surgeon to bits, twice is enough under the knife.

big question was it all worth it. deep down yes i have 90% ROM and at the moment zero pain.

but deeper down how fragile has the joint become and will it be susceptible to related injury down the line. and its taken 18 months since the capsule was cut away.

i have two weeks at work the we are off for a week. that is kind of the same time line as last time. and on the week off i had to have tendon injections last time .

lisa wants me at home for 6 more weeks but i have to trial the repair. if it works we can settle the claim and pit it to bed

its just the 29th i have to look forward to . mr right shoulder has to say. i am really out of options on this one .

hope its sunny in the emerald isle this week..

both if happy ache less thoughts

c

• Edited

hi looby and piper

aarrrrhhh. that was early 5.15 am getting up. easy days work thank god. and what a sleepless night. must have been too exited about work lol.

had to sign a disclaimer at head office. stating i will not attempt heavy lifting on my own. and a list of restrictions involved.

its there was of passing the buck if i hurt myself.

back home one piece lol

colin

• Posted

glad to hear you survived the day in one piece, hope the rest of the week goes well for you.

• Posted

i forgot to wish you luck this morning Colin.

Did it feel strange being back? Kinda like revisiting a crime scene?

As Piper said great that you survived the day.

Keep us updated with your journey 💪

• Edited

lol revisit the crime scene

they were glad i was back. i can do any 3 days per week phased back for 6 weeks then revised.

as long as i dont ache i am fine. just have to keep it that was. i have extended PT for friday pm's just to take the whip out the week and give it some tlc.

and it give me the friday off yay ( with out pay) boo.

talking to a tenant today you can get prescribed marijuana extract for long term pain / ache issues !!!. did not know that !!.

thats another escape for some one with FS.. and its all legal.

c

• Edited

Hi Colin, just checking in to see how you are getting on back at work?.shoulder holding up ok?

• Posted

good morning piper

thanks for the message

its Friday one of my phased days off. ya just have to have friday in the mix.

yes end of week 2 phased back and 6 days worked so far. apart from 25kg bags latex and 2 worktops !!!..

the graft is holding. its just cramping up ( bicep ). they said it would as its working from a different end position. around the repair no issues.

i still have some issues with the deltoid tendon on top of the shoulder. it aches at night. it has been there all the time years as well.

the rehab at spires tuesday pit it down to posture. in ache i am curling the shoulder forward.

she tied an elastic band to the shoulder and her knee in me back and pulled the shoulder back. the ache stopped when she did it.

i still have her on me back helping lol.

as they keep saying slowly slowly

i gave up on the KT tape to help as i am welted and sore where its pulled the skin. physio this afternoon.

but getting there yay

how are you doing for the past two weeks ( and michelle ) when ya pick it up.

colin

• Posted

that all sounds pretty full on, glad you have professionals keeping a close eye on you.

I think my ROM is increasing little by little, so I'll just keep persevering with the physio.

• Edited

hi piper.

just back from physio. its the second week of actively working directly on the repair site.

it does feel good and i am not wriggling like a piglet to slaughter on the table.

still in a good place. i could return full time to work but its a slowly slowly. i am happy with that. i am really playing by the rules this time.

spire rehab has me up to 8kg kettle weight and a 15kg bar. no ache no issue.

as you just said its such a slow process. glad you have small improvements. they all help.

its now reaching prosecco - o - clock.

have a good weekend

c

• Posted

Hi posse

just back from London ( Sunday). had a pre booked night out.

got home SOD SOD SOD is all i can say

i was given two tickets to go on a boat up the Thames River. gladly used them for a twilight trip. and see the queues along the south bank

it was in the rocket boat. got thrown around like a rag doll held on for dear life at 38 mph.

such an idiot it has not stopped throbbing since just like the old days years ago. can't lay on it and no happy spot in any position. its back to such a deep ache ?

back on ice and anti inflammatory tabs. its not the repair its the top of the capsule deltoid area. god its been 20 weeks since the operation.

thought i was past all this god knows what i have done holding on to the seat rail. i was tense and it got pulled back and forth

and the worst bit. it was my physio who had the spare tickets, they were for her mum she must be short on work to do this. she wanted to treat me for such a crap year i have had.

one step forward three steps back again, been here so many times and have got slapped down. perhaps the capsule is well and truly damaged. from all the work done on it. i may do what Barbara does and rest it in me brace for a few days.

colin

• Edited

oh noooooooooo Colin, what bad luck so unfortunate. i really hope that its only a mini set back for you and you can get back on track soon. What did your physio say when you told them what happened?

• Edited

ah Colin, this is not the sort of news I wanted to see on here. After everything you have overcome!!!

Are you going to be off work again?

What happens now? are you still under the surgeons care or do you have to start the whole process again?

Piper good to hear your ROM continues to improve, only if slightly. Mine is still compromised but I'm pain free so I can live with that. I see the orthopaedic consultant in October.

Keep the faith Colin 🙏

• Edited

thank you both.

can depend on you two ( from me heart )

just really really gutted.

Lisa has been watching like a hawk. yes it constant again 2000 paracetamol 80 codeine. pack on ice.

i have emailed the rehab team for guidance. i have not mailed the surgeon yet. hoping it will clear

just so disappointing with me body. i am using " rice " lisa is a qualified masseuse. indian head. sports and aromatherapist.

100% she will not treat me lol. i am doing

rest

ice

compression

elevation

i am away wed to sunday. hoping for a appointment monday week. it may be another jab i hope. its tendon issues.

michelle what day is ya appointment. put it in me diary.

and yes if no improvement i will ask for a meet. if i have to rest i will. but i have rested for 16 weeks.

cannot let me team down again

colin

• Edited

christ it must be bad if you're back on the codine.

if anyone can get through it Colin you can.

you know that ache so well and you have the discipline to deal with it.

let's start checking in regularly again and support you through this.

you're not letting anyone down Colin, you've done anything but!

here for you pal 🙏💙

• Edited

hearts to ya girl

yes i hurt lol

luv ya lots for the support

colin

• Posted

feel so gutted for you Colin, i really hope its just a little blip for you and you will be back on course really soon.Maybe there's some kind of shoulder fairy godmother we should all start praying to 🙏 let us know how you get on

• Posted

how are you doing now Colin?.any improvement at all?

• Edited

hi piper

had a weeks rest. up in Lincolnshire with Lisa.

na still aches lol. had the rehab on the phone . they want me to rest it this week ( while being a carpenter !!)

am due to see them 4th oct. see what they say. its not the repair its the capsule again. it just aches all the time ( sound like an old record ).

i dont want the surgeon involved again if i can help it. mr cut cut lol.

the only good thing to come out of this is i have had to lay on my right shoulder for 10 days. so the left can recover.

now the right is showing off. and i have the consultant to see on thursday at 4.50pm, this is going to be interesting lol.

i cant have anything done to the right joint as i think i have suffered enough under the knife the past 2 years. and the left is so fragile at the moment. i cannot reach to put me coat on any more ( hand behind ya back) and doing the stop ( hand to the side like a police man stopping traffic). only 45°. am hoping its muscle damage. that mends.

also thursday my first meeting with the solicitor at 7.30am. i have broken down the paperwork into 10 small folders .

she is starting the final claim.

most important question. how are you doing this past week.

colin

( hi michelle) lol

• Posted

it all sounds pretty full on Colin, hope all your appointments are productive and move things on a bit for you.🤞🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.