Dilemma of dread

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all

got the surgeon Friday about finalising the left operated shoulder to go back to work. or if i am allowed back.

got a letter this morning from ramsey health starting on the right joint !!!!!. as there is no movement internal and external after 36 months. they think i need intervention to give back ROM

cant do all this again. got the summons to see the surgeon on the 29th sept. my poor shoulders.

ho poo.

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

hey you two.

sorry to hear things are not much improved Colin. it's grim isn't it 😦

I don't know what to say, I guess out of the three of us, you're the one who is well versed with the whole experience so far.

your message suggests your sense of humour is still in tact so that's a positive.

how are things with you Piper?

Good to hear the physio seems to be helping. Are you getting answers to some of the other stuff that you're battling with?

Always here and just because I don't always chime in, doesn't mean I haven't seen your messages.

Here for you both to support in anyway I can 💪👍

• Edited

hi michelle and piper

lol well versed in this. more like a song and dance.

had the legal meeting this morning . spot on. i had 10 folders / categories. receipts for all work under taken and extra costs.

walked in with a carry on case and ruck sack full of back up papers.

she burst out laughing at the amount of paperwork. but she said i was the most prepared client ever.

we are going in at the top end of injury for a severe shoulder injury due to the multiple operations. even though i am signed off from the surgeon. i have to see the consultant in harley street. !!!!!. costs are at 32k which i have spent. plus the hurt cost attribute to the injury stands at 20k in the national accident claim directory

still got speed boat issues. even at the solicitors office she had to help with me jacket as i lost the sleeve. left arm

i am still saying its recovery ache and not injury related, i just hope.

now unpacked left shoulder paperwork. now re loaded right shoulder paperwork and off to ramsey health oaks colchester.

i cant sit through another op. this will be second one for the right ( yes still very stiff but no ache ). this is a NHS shoulder so i have time. due to the long waiting list . to try and recover

now 9 weeks away from the 4 year mark !!!!!.

now off message ya at 6pm post surgeon meeting.

colin

• Posted

oh wow Colin,nearly 4 years = 10 folders & 32k......that is a lot to contend with. wishing you the best outcome that you can possibly get.

• Edited

hi gang ( both of you ) lol

back from right shoulder surgeon (NHS). the free shoulder.

he is happy at the moment . it does not hurt so he wants to leave alone. no pain so no more injections. or the knife

was in the all of 90 seconds. sucks really the difference between paying ( you have up to 30 minutes ) and NHS you have 2 mins.

but i am free of surgery yay.

colin

• Posted

well thats good news at least Colin.

I chuckled when I saw the latest update on your progress and the bit about your paperwork. I bet your neighbours thought you were going away for the weekend 😆

• Edited

Hi Michelle and piper

blimey what a busy two days ( Mr left and right shoulder)

yesterday got the right written off by the ortho " plus " thats a yay

had second meeting with team Colin ( legal team).

on reading the consultants notes from the report January this year. if i have the tendon surgery i am clear to heal.

so bottom line no more surgical intervention. its now down to me alone to heal.

big weight and worry lifted. its just me and the shoulders no more can be done. or picked on to further some ones career .

just have rehabilitation to finish.

all be it i still ache lol. in the words from the Beatles " its a long and winding road".

i can and i will . hows you two going

colin

• Posted

I fully believe Colin that YOU CAN AND YOU WILL. You have got this 👍

• Edited

morning gang

friday again yay. phased day off. one more week to go.

all signed off and settled the claim at the solicitors. work had no contest and will just pay the bill. took 2 days collating the invoices.

i was at the spire rehab start of the week. still niggling me. she said about heat,

i had forgot i had a ( tshellz ) electromagnetic heat thing. from the mend-me-shop in america have been using it while driving to and from work.

the improvement has dramatic just this week. pre op i was at a 7/10. post op it was 2/10, this week i have gone to half of one/10 .

finally got my full range back pain free, and it is full. taken 46 months and thrown the kitchen sink at it.

and the judge signed off £33,377.92p of operations and treatment. still phased at work. one week to go on that. then just look after the capsule. .

down to one physio a month now just to work the neck and shoulders in general.

about blooming time.

colin

• Edited

Yay Colin, this is cause for celebration!! Prawns and Prosecco maybe?

Great news indeed. I'm sure your posts on here will bring great comfort and hope to many other shoulder problem sufferers alike.

I saw the orthopaedic consultant yesterday. All felt a bit pointless but I wanted to see it through. He said he could see an improvement in range since the last steroid in July. Not sure how as he never even asked me to take my jacket off!!

Hey ho.

I told him I was still experiencing a lot of crunching and grinding in both shoulders. He is referring me for physio.

As I've said before I'm pain free and managing day to day, just limited ROM.

Happy Friday comrades 🤟🥂

• Edited

Hi michelle

are ya sure it was not the same consultant that i saw lol for the right shoulder.

same as you. i did not even get the seat warm when i saw him and i only did one movement to show him my ROM " pointless".

he just muttered something about going swimming.

and it a yes to the food. now 4.30pm its prawn and prosecco - o - clock. lol

keep up the perseverance

colin

• Edited

sounds like a good productive week your end Colin, so glad for you.Enjoy the weekend.

• Edited

pity you had a rubbish consultation, hate those ones where you just feel its a waste of time. Anyway its great that you are still pain free just a case of getting your full ROM back now and I am sure you will get there with physio.

• Edited

am quite sore this week but ive been so busy that i havent had the time to fit in my physio exercises daily so i know the reason why I hurt more!. I'll get back on track over the weekend.i think my ROM is increasing by a couple of cm a week, I dream of the day I will be able to lift arm over my head ....hopefully before too long

• Edited

hi gang.

consultants seem to be a constant. they are rubbish !!!.

it seems and i have read they really do not treat FS as a medical issue necessary of medical intervention .

i really can't find a medical problem so long term and painful or ache-ful .

if you google top most painful conditions FS is always up there at the top as it is so debilitating and long lasting.

and we have all hit this at the covid shut down so no treatment and long waits.

hence why we get 2 minutes with the consultant.

yes i was lucky as i knew i would be re paid all losses. but it so sucks.

i feel for everyone who has this condition thats why i reply to posts

so my fellow posse stay strong

colin

• Posted

nice post Colin, thanks as always for your support on this page. you are always there with words of encouragement

• Edited

aawwrr piper always

dont worry i am not just disappearing any time soon lol.

i just wish people that have our destiny in their hands walked in our shoes if only for a week.

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.