Discharge

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm now almost 7 weeks post surgery, have had UTI infections treated with antiotics, but have had a discharge for a couple of weeks. Hospital gave me more antibiotics and did swabs but so far nothing has come back. Also the tight stinging feeling in low abdomen is coming from time to time. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

In view of all the antibiotics you've been taking, I suggest that you start taking probiotics as soon as you can in order to shore up your good gut bacteria. 

• Posted

Cut back on the bread, pastries, soda and sugar in general.   That usually clears up discharges from yeast infection and BV.  
  • Posted

Yes i am experiencing the stinging feeling.... I thought I was doing too much.... surgery was on the 10th follow up not until the 30th.... if it continues I will contact my doc and let you know.... did you have to take pain meds? If so how long? When did your swelling go away?
    • Posted

Well Lola, it's very early days for you yet if your surgery was on 10th, so you have to still get rest and not do too much. I was told that the stinging feeling was temporary, would clear. I did have to have pain relief for the pains not related to stinging - how long depends on the individual, I was on cocodamol but now take parracetamol when needed My tummy is still a bit swollen but it will go eventually, but I'm not worried about that. Always use your gp for help if your worried. Keep healing! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.