Discomfort during eating

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if its possible to have discomfort during eating when diagnosed with costochondritis.

Im aware that it could be mainly reflux related issue, but has anyone got any discomfort?

If so pls can u describe in more detail?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My guess its not actually the food its the position sitting but massive trigger for me sitting I've had this a long time.

• Posted

So if u eat standing u get little to no pain in comparison to sitting down?
  • Posted

Hi, I just recently started having similar symptoms. I can't eat without having left chest pain, I feel full all the time and not eating so losing a lot of weight, I have consistent chest pain, left shoulder pain, neck pain, and left back pain, but the chest pain gets much worse after eating and peaks about two hours after eating. I went to the ER, had a stay in the hospital, seen by a cardiologist, and a GI doctor and everyone says my hear looks good and they didn't find anything except mild gastritis, but said it shouldn't be causing all this pain. The diagnosis of costochondritis has been discussed, but not confirmed. I'm trying to figure out what the link to my digestion and having severe chest pain about two hours after eating is to costochondritis.

I would appreciate any advice or solutions you have worked for you. Every doctor I've seen has been at a loss.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Yes I get discomfort and I have just been diagnosed with CC caused by over extertion, and I too thought I was having a heart attack. So I had the ECG and all was well, my doctor gave me Naproxen and it did not make any odds, Ibuprofen does it for me. The doctor thought the discomfort could have been a result of the Naproxen but I only took two, but who knows. I have to admit the discomfort today was less severe than yesterday which was the last day I took Naproxen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.