Discomfort in the stomach

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been having this uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. It comes and it goes. I have bowel movements daily. I don't k own if I'm dealing with a hiatal hernia. I went to GP last week. I am a 43 year old female, I had an endoscopy a year ago. He feels that there is no reason to have another endoscopy. He has me on 40 mg of nexium every other day and famotidine on the days I don't tkaw the nexium. He feels it's gastritis.

I'm so nervous it's something worse and I'm making myself so nervous about it. What can this uncomfortable pain be? Anyone else experience something like this?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When is it the best time to take a probiotic?
    • Posted

hope this helps you, Cathy -

According to Probiotics 101, the best time of day to take probiotics is during meals. Food is believed to create a “buffer” against stomach acid’s harmful effects on probiotics, says Probiotics 101, making mealtime the best time of day to take them. 

• Posted

Hi Cathy,

How are you feeling, i think we have similar issues.

I tried many Doctors, found no improvement, the only tablet that is working for me Imodium when watery diarhea. I planned to work with herb treatment for 2 months, traveling for that.

Will keep posted

• Posted

Hi Cathy.

Have you started working on your diet ?. Added Probiotic ? Does any diagnosis confirmed. What are the medication you are taking ?

• Posted

My GP has me on nexium every other day

Famotidine at night. I take flora 90 billion probiotic

I am now finishing antibiotics from an UTI. This has been 4 weeks.

• Posted

Hi Cathy,

Glad to hear you are recovering. Gastritis can be managed by medicines and diet. I think you are feeling better ☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.