Disequilibrium for 5 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I hope all those in this discussion group/forum are doing well and are getting better. I've been dealing with disequilibrium and off-balance sensations for the last 5 months that started in mid January of 2018. I woke up on a particularly cold day in Ontario to urinate at 3 AM and passed out after I finished urinating. Then 3 days later I pulled a muscle waking up and went to a chiropractor the same day. My neck was still sore when I came home and for 4 days I didn't really leave my bed/couch until my body felt better.

That is when I noticed a disequilibrium sensation (not vertigo). A week later I went to the doctor after it didn't get better. I had blood work done and was giving Naproxen and baclofen which helped the neck pain but not the imbalance. After a week later I went back to the doctor and was then giving Beclomethasone Nasal Spray and a Beta-Histine. The Beta-Histine reduced the imbalance a bit but the side effects were not great and the nasal spray cleared up the nasal passages but some of its listed side effects ironically are my symptoms. 

I was sent to an ENT who saw me for maybe 3 mins and ordered an MRI and audio pressure test, both of which came back with no detected issues and then he suggested I see a neurologist, which now I've been on a waiting list for a few weeks. All blood tests came back normal as well. Two weeks ago I bought Natursea Omega fish oil with Vitamin D3 and have been taking it. And yesterday I started taking 3-6 drops of oregano oil to see if that might help with potential any bacterial/viral causes.

To summarize: I'm a 32 year old male of an average build (I weigh 156 lbs) that has been dealing with imbalance issues that have no known causes which is mainly centered around the forehead with some periodic ear pressure. Needless to say this has robbed me of my quality of life and reading some of the other stories here, it seems like I'm one of the lucky ones that it is not worse. Any theories or advice would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good luck to all of us suffering...we need answers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.