Disheartened and need encouragement.

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am so disheartened today because I thought things were looking up for me, and how I feel like I'm back in a rut.

Yesterday I told my Josh I wasnt feeling well and his response was "still?" I tried to explain to him the ups and downs of this illness, and I feel like he didn't believe me.

I caught a cold the week before Christmas, and I'm just now starting to feel it get better. The last few weeks have been awful.

In the last week, I've started having night sweats, like drench the sheets. It worries me that something else is wrong. Has anyone experienced this type of night sweat? I've felt exhausted this week, like nothing I've felt since my initial diagnosis. I barely have the energy to get off the couch. I called out sick today because I couldnt get myself together to get out if bed this morning.

Here I am telling others on this forum not to jump to conclusions about their concerns about cancer or HIV...yet since the high sweats have started, I am low concerned.

My blood work was done a few weeks ago and everything was normal except my EBV levels. I have not asked for an HIV test, but think maybe I should just to ease my mind.

I feel helpless today. I just want to feel good again.

Will you all share night sweat information with me, if you've had then and how long?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

yes ive had this and woke up soaking . its just the body trying to fight the virus and its very common .

try not worry rest as much as possible and if you were back working then youre not doing too bad .

its probably just a little setback i know this virus goes up and down and we have to be really careful . rest rest rest !

• Posted

The night sweats must be an awful thing Lori, I hope this symptom has settled down for you and just a wee reminder that you ARE going to get through this.

Hoping everyone is doing okay today and remember everyone there is hope and even though it can take extended time to get better, this thing doesn't and won't last forever and still believing in fully recovery for you Lori, Jenna, Jen, Nicole, Tina, Gill, George, Dodge and everyone reading this post / thread.

Craig

• Posted

Craig,

😊

You are wonderful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.