Disillusioned with doctors!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Am i the only one who feels that my doctor doesnt empathise with the pain i am in with my migraines and is all too quick to write me another prescription.I last visited my doctor 2 years ago along with my wife who arguably suffers albeit in a different manner.I was in tears in the surgery trying to tell him how much i suffer but again he wanted me to try more medication.I asked him if i could get a scan or something but i was told they dont scan people in my position because if there was anything seriously wrong it would have shown before now.(im 44 yr old male with 28 years of migraines behind me).Anything i suggest to the doctor as an alternative to tablets is dismissed especially if ive read about it on the internet.

I begrudgingly  took his prescription for Topirimate , had the dosage topped up 3 times until i decided to forget it.I always find my body gets used to the tablets until they become ineffective.

Migraine suffering is a very lonely place.,My wife suffers, the children suffer and the dog suffers when i get an attack. Stuck in a dark room with eye throbbing pain pleading for it to stop is no way of life.

Waking up with a headache, going to work with a headache and getting home with the same headache is no fun.

Having just joined the forum i am hoping to find something new to try in this battle.

I hope all who read this are having a good day and long may they continue...

smile

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Patricia

You couldnt be further from the truth about the alcohol as i very rarely have a drink because of its effects.

Regarding getting tests done the doctor has ruled out mri, cat scans because my migraines have been ongoing for over 20 years, he says there cant be anything serious or it would have manifested itself by now.

Will be taking magnesium glycinate as mentioned. Is there anything i should be taking alongside it that may also help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.