Dislocated hip , after hip replacement , and the following nerve pain that follows

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had a hip replacement January 9 th 2017, February 13th it dislocated, l became taboo , in my surgeons eyes , there is not much after care , everything is raw and painful , and continues to be. 

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi mikeNY,

I'm soo sorry you have went through and still going through this terrible ordeal.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

?I hope you find some answers and wish I had some answers for you, although I am still also having a lot of pain from revision (all new hardware) in March 2017.

?I have read that it takes longer to heal from revision or THR after other things have been done. I first had a hip pinning which didn't work.

Someone on this site recommended to me:

whirlpool,

?massages on soft tissue, muscles etc.

?I also am checking into these for myself.

?We have nice and understanding fellow hippies on this site. Seems we have all been through a lot. I sure hope someone can give you good advice on what steps to take next. Wish I had some answers for you.

God Bless

• Posted

Hi Charlotte,  sorry it took a few minutes for me to get back I appreciate your kind words ,  yes I think this is the worst thing that ever happened to me ,  there really is not many solutions after it dislocates, my surgeon who did the hip replacement Had a terrible attitude , he even said to me on one of my appointments post this location that I talked him into doing the surgery he didn't really want to do it because I had a prior  fusion on the L3 -4 lumbar , I know I sat to that tolow on the couch, when it and l heard it like a gear shift then l slid off couch could not move an inch , this happened feb 13 th this year , surgery was Jan 9th , l felt really good before this  happened . I have a terrible back had surgeries they need more I have nerves being pushed herniation ,  I am really full of pain ,  I needed to go to California a couple of months ago and happiness you a doctor there who gave me a marijuana card and I smoke some weed and they really do help , I sleep with two heat pads Right next to me,  always use ice , you've been through a lot of Charlotte I hope things lighten up for you as well remember we have  to do the footwork I know I am tired of going to doctors ,I think Water is one of the best healers hot salt water,  I feel like I just want to lay in bed , it's hard not to with pain all over nerve pain in my leg doesn't even feel like it's mine I may have  damaged the sciatica nerve,  The pain in my butt going down to my foot my whole leg constant pain I take painkillers Percocets , OxyContin  Celebrex , many herbs, l will pray for you as well , finding  peace and not isolated is important it's hard to move around when the body just wants to stop. Stay active as possible, my pain doctor here told me that there is legalization of marijuana for pain in New York already I have not looked into it yet, if anyone knows anything about this please let me know, my prayers are with you Charllote. Mike

• Posted

Good morning Charlotte I hope today brings you some peace in less pain make sure you put salt in the hot water I know you mentioned the whirlpool yes Water is number one healer, i'm laying here with ice heat and I don't know what else to do ,my prayers are with you

• Posted

I am really afraid of whirlpool as I read where the jets are painful. I may check into a fitness center that has a pool.

I am running out of options other than just resting and taking it easy and let everything in there heal back together.

I can relate to being down in the dumps as I have been that way myself.

?We thought when we had the surgery we would be back to doing the things we love to do,how wrong I was anyway - 5 1/2 years of this pain is getting really old, isn't it?

?How long do you use ice? I read to apply ice 30 - 40 minutes at a time and leave off for same amount of time. I have been doing that and while ice is on starts feeling better.

?With winter coming in a few short months, I dread thinking about the cold,ice and snow. We will see what this year brings since I had another surgery this spring. Knew before I was in horrifying pain once the hip apparatus got cold even with being inside.

I sincerely wish I had some answers for you.

?We can talk about our issues with each other, I am continually reading other posts and if I read anything that may be worthwhile I will repeat with you.

My prayers are with you.

God's Blessings.

• Posted

Dear Charlotte thank you so much for your kind words be careful in the whirlpool water pool but I think Water is the best make sure you put hot would always end with cold because the hot will bring the blood to the area and may increase inflammation so end with the cold water , it hurts to breath still.  Have a good night, let me if you hear anything regarding  dislocations , l can't believe the pain l had when it came out , l heard it shift then click out , l still here it ...... 

• Posted

I would like to discuss pain Meds, l tryed every thing , Tens unit  implanted electrical stimulation ,  back into thousand and five they put in a morphine pump , it was removed due to infection l found that to really work better then oral in take. It hits the spine and the canal in lower back . Pain doctors could do it for anyone,  lm sick of pills . God bless. Mikey ny

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.