Diverticulitis 2nd round of antibiotics

Posted , 6 users are following.

4th bout since nov. This time im on round 2 of 10 days of both antibiotics. Pain went away yesterday. On 5th day of 2nd round today. Pain is back 10x localized on left side. Dull back pain back. Fever and nausea new syptom. On bed rest and liquid diet yet again. Nothing for the pain. Heating pad n hot baths are now not working to ease it. Fevers only 9o right now. Honestly feel this time that something is wrong. Is this normal??? Am i just overreacting??? Help!!!!

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds like you absolutely should be admitted and get on  IV antibiotics and fluids. Don't let them talk you out of it.

• Posted

I agree you need fluids and antibiotics don't let them fob you off x

• Posted

K. No pain no nothing today. Took 2 stool softners to get bowls moving. They moved a little so back pain is back. Belly wasnt even talking today. Dr office called. Er didnt do ct bc they r trying to say im preg. I said no. Ive had my tubes tied an ablation and parcial hysterevtomy. Do still have right ovary and tube but tubes were tied. So i xant b having an epcotic pregnancy can i? I tried asking the nurse at drs office but she hung up after i said parcial hysterectomy. Ill be dealing w her tomm. Oh n ive managed to lose my cipro and cant find it anywhere. So now only antibiotic i have is my flygal.
    • Posted

Nope. 2 days of being constipated. 5 stool softeners and 4 laxatives later bowels are finally moving good. Had a bm so strong earlier i was shaking n sweating horribly n puking up yellow bile. Nurse said its normal though. Now have a soft squishy red bug bite looking thing on my belly. Warm to touch. Nurse also said my hormones are high which is y er thinks im preg. But she says since i only have my right ovary its not possible. So yeah.... I dunno
    • Posted

Are you still in hospital? Hope you feel better soon I am thinking about you x
    • Posted

No maam. They nt me home the same night. Oh n lets not forget about the nasty yeast infection bc of the antibiotics.
    • Posted

I am so sorry I hope it all settles down soon. I am on strong antibiotics for DD I will get thrush so I need to phone dr for a prescription x
    • Posted

Ty me too. Im afraid thrush is next r me. Someone stole my cipro out of my car that night. So now all i have to take is flygal
    • Posted

Update: severe constipation is finally one. Back to diahrrea. Major hemmroid. No releif. Afraid imma have to have surgery for it. Got put on bactrim. Dont like it. It zaps me eergy to point its hard to raise arms even. Someone has 2 have a key 2 our house bc now my flaygle and cyclaver is missing. Ugh! Just wish the drs would say enough is enough and cut it out. Good news: ob ordered pg test. Am not! So dunno where er n gp got their info.
    • Posted

They don't cut it out in the UK unless you are really bad. US seam to do it before it gets to that stage I hope you heal soon and feel better. Keep us updated

• Posted

Had hubby look. Its prolapsed and blood clotted. Cant sit stand lau squat nothing to get comfty and beyound exhausted. Pretty sure imma puke from the pain. Cant go in bc have no car and no one to watch our daughter. Begining to feel itd just b easier to kill over then deal w such intense pain. And i swear i NEVER say that. And I promise im not suicidal.
    • Posted

You really do need to see someone take your daughter with you surly the hospital or dr won't mind

• Posted

Feels much better today! But just woke up n havent been up n moving or had a bm yet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.