Diverticulitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Diagnosed with diverticulitis this morning for the first time, taking 2 antibiotics and am advised if the pain doesn't go away in next 48 hours I should rush to ER. Any advice ??

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Not sure how they can treat you without confirming diverticulitis with a CT scan immediately. The UK waits too long to do tests and then it comes back clear so how do they know what it was. Take the meds, liquid diet for a few days and then a soft diet. Don't mess around with meds for diarrhea or constipation or fiber it just confuses the colon. The colon needs to rest also.  Rest is a big part of getting better. It takes patience to let everything calm down for a t least a few weeks. I returned to work after a week but took it easy, I should have stayed home another week. All in all it took me 5 weeks to feel like myslf again and for my system to get back on track. I needed the help of a probiotic pill daily for that.

• Posted

Very sorry to hear that they take too long in UK. My pain started getting better after 48 hours but I couldn't tolerate Flagyl, rushed to the clinic this morning again and I was told that my healing is good and I can stop taking flagyl. Still no CT scan though. And yes, I took off, resting at home. Probably will take off for another week too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.