Diverticulitis/Diverticulosis

Posted , 8 users are following.

In desperate need of some advice, having bloating, spasms in abdomen, gas pains. What can I take for some relief? 

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

He you tried buscopan, you can buy it otc
    • Posted

what does that do? How are you feeling today Kate? I went and had a meeting with my peer support, counselor this morning, helped a little. Made me do some fact checking, about whole situation, “ My only diagnosis as of now is Diverticulosis, all Cat Scans and blood work normal. So stay on DD diet with some low FodMat foods, keep positive food journal, rest, do my meditation, breathing, and skills I have learned to stay out of my head and catastrophizing, By next week I will have all tests and colonoscopy done. And go from there” sound advice, but easier said then done right. Hope you having a good day. Hugs
    • Posted

Hi Kate, not feeling like cramps, just funny spasms twitching feeling, all over ab on all sides. And gas . Ugh hate bad days. 
  • Posted

I am so sorry vickie from this forum's advice all I can say is liquid diet heating pad I hope someone else chimes in with more answers Hang in there

• Posted

When you start spasming, you need antibiotics because they are infected.  Clear diet alone will not heal it.
    • Posted

This is what happened to me my doc said pain and other symptoms were due to inflammation she did blood work also This diverticulitis is a hard one to figure out I was out of bed yesterday today flat on my back again!
    • Posted

Did inflammation show up on blood work? Are you back on antibiotics? I was thinking what I ate for dinner p****d off my gut, cuz that’s the first time I have experienced major spasms and bloating. Plus kicked in my anxiety which doesn’t help. I’m in discomfort today and gassy, but no more spasms. I have my colonoscopy set for Tuesday so nervous 😟 

• Posted

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Diverticulitis sucks and unfortunately not much is known about it.  I've had blood work that was excellent,  cat scan showed nothing but all my symptoms pointed to another attack so they still prescribed the antibiotics.  My personal experience with my primary doctor sucked. He basically treated me like I was a hypochondriac, said I  had  a bad stomach flu even though I had been  vomiting for over 5 days, couldn't hardly walk. Went straight to the ER and after all the tests it was confirmed I had chronic Diverticulitis.  I actually started to crash which really freaked both myself and boyfriend.  That was my first ER visit. If I hadn't gone I would have died. Are you constipated because sometimes with this wonderful disease it will do that. I literally lived off of milk of magnesium after that because I also had a blockage. 

• Posted

Yeah this diverticulitis/ diverticulosis sucks, I have been down and out for 4 months now. Was better for about a month , than got all symptoms of flare but all tests say normal. Waiting on all stool labs , checking for IBS, Candida, parasites, and colonoscopy is on Tuesday. GI told me you can have symptoms without having the Diverticulitis due to the scar tissue and healing can take up to a year. So diet is important and keeping a food journal to know your triggers. It’s called SUDD. For me having developed major anxiety attacks doesn’t help. Hope you get feeling better soon. Thank you 🙏 

• Posted

no not constipated, I had diarrhea for 12 days but now I’m back to just soft normal. At least 2x a day. 
    • Posted

Hi vickie it showed up on my blood work it's called CRP at least that is the abbreviation it was listed under I hope you can find some relief I unfortunately have always been very high strung took narcotics for years to reduce anxiety until I realized the pills were making me crazy I often wonder if other sufferers are also hi strung?

• Posted

Sorry I had been on antibiotics for 16 days when she did blood work said antibiotics wouldn't help inflammation stopped talking antibiotics that day

• Posted

I have always been , but without anxiety or depression so never on meds till I was diagnosed in Feb . Now I have bad panic attacks and anxiety, only on Xanax now, they tried all diff kinds but my body rejected them. I go to different groups to learn breathing, meditation, yoga and mindfulness. I was doing so good till May 28, had all signs of flare up but tests say no. So frustrating 
    • Posted

I hope things get better for all of us let us know how colonoscopy turns out b sure to eat ( carefully) ! Lots of water 🌻

• Posted

Yeah I will, for now just going to stick with the soft food and lots fluids, took some gas x , heating pad and TV . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.