Diverticulitis pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have just been diagnosed with diverticulitis after PR bleeding which was really bad, made it worse being on warfarin spent 4 days in hospital and sent home without any real explanation about what diverticulitis was.

I asked the Doctors what was happening but know one seems to give the time to do so, even with my own doctor very little info just gave me high fibre diet sheet and told I have to have CTC scan and they cannot give me estimation when that will be. Been looking on the web but find it confusing.

What I want to know is can anyone tell me what can I do for this dreadful groin pain I’m 74 Thank you for any help you can offer

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thomas please listen to Felinia especially when it comes to the psyllium husk product. It's the one item you should not live without when battling Diverticulitis. The formula is real simple twice per day two teaspoons in 12 ounces of water once morning and once night. You must get the bowels moving and rapidly. If the waste has time to sit and build up your going to get another flare up. If you have no poop in your colon your flare ups will be no longer.

I'm six years running 🏃🏿 with no divertic and the only downside is your going to sit on the porcelain god a few more times per day.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.