Diverticulitis Pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. My pain in lower left side has not really gone away since I started with Diverticulitis in November, does the pain ever go away. 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Same here I always seam to have it It's really getting me down

• Posted

Hi Susan, thanks for your reply. It's just the same with me, moving about seems to make it worse. I thought it was going last week but it came back on Sunday it feels as  though I have a wound. How long have had it. Anybody else got any ideas.

• Posted

Hi Thomas,

Mine seems to be hanging on, it did ease but has flared right back up. I've just had some blood test to see if I have an infection or inflammation. Just hope they show something👍

• Posted

I was diagnosed last year had it bad over Christmas was on strong antibiotics. I have had it for the last couple of days today is nt good I am just eating soup and bread to see if that helps
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply, Dr Called me tomorrow fingers crossed 
  • Posted

I have it for a couple of days then it goes then comes back I don't go very far just in case I need the toilet

• Posted

Thanks Susan, how log ago did you start with this problem,  i trying to find out if this pain ever goes away as it really trobling me , i dont want to go in hospital again. 
    • Posted

I never seam to be free of pain it's in the bottom of my left side I haven't been to hospital did I want to bother them I honestly don't know if the pain ever goes I hope so. I have heard of a operation you can have but I don't think the UK like to do That's the impression I got from the consultant I saw in February x

• Posted

Hi Susan,

I've read the operation is a last resort.  Have you tried asking for pain relief from your GP to help you ?

• Posted

I have been like it for years Had a colonoscopy in September 2016 and was told that I had it I saw my first and only consultant in February
    • Posted

Hi susan, wow and have you had the pain on and off  all that time. tom
    • Posted

Mostly do have days when I am pain free. Today isn't a good day. Ian laid in bed resting

• Posted

Start a daily probiotic (1 pill) of 1-2 billion live cultures, it puts good bacteria back into your system and helps a great deal with the diarrhea. I take Acidophilus, my doctor recommended it to get me back on track.
    • Posted

I am in the US, they sell them in the health care sections of the grocery store or Target, Walmart just about aanywhere and online.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.