Diverticulosis diverticulitis diverticula sigmoid colon abscess

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had the worst experience in my life. It has been going on for the fourth month. First I went to emergency and I was treated for an inner ear infection which is causing vertigo and migraines. Then I got sick from visiting ER with bronchitis Tonsillitis and a back infection from the plastic on the ER bed. I had a lot of other issues related to an infection that kept getting ignored by ER and doctors like sweats chills severe nausea vomiting diarrhea and then finally constipation well I felt like I was losing my mind and vision. I even call for an ambulance who told me my vitals were fine and didn’t want to take me to ER but wanted to take me to urgent care instead. after being discharged and the doctor referring to me as a very difficult historian I went to urgent care to days later and they would not treat me because they said I probably had a life-threatening situation and they saved my life with all my symptoms they said I needed to go to ER. When I got to ER I told them I wasn’t leaving until they found the cars instead of treating the symptoms and that I was very sick and I was sick of being told there was nothing wrong with me. I was admitted to ER And I laid in bed for two days in the hallway next to the homeless coming out of the rain for two weeks and very sick people. I was told I may need emergency surgery which turned into a drainage for a perforated abscess and. periotonitis which could’ve killed me. I was responding to antibiotics and was sent home obviously without enough antibiotics and I was discharged early. The first time I went out of the house three weeks later for a blood test and an MRI I had to be rushed in an ambulance to go half a block to the hospital. Fortunately it was a much better hospital and I was admitted for another six days. I am feeling much better but I have been bed ridden going on for months so the recuperation Time will be tested. Plus now I have to be tested for cognitive issues and I feel this infection probably cost them. I was only 63 when all this was happening and I turn 64 on my birthday the day I was just charge from the hospital the second time where thank God people listened to me. I have to get a colonoscopy and the CT scan indicated other cyst on my liver and kidneys which may not be a problem but this is all overwhelming and then it will be determined if I need: colon surgery. I live in California on the east side or doctors are uneducated obviously. Diverticulosis only affects a small percentage and this should’ve been treated immediately. Now I’ve had two diverticulitis attacks probably because I was only able to drink milk and toast for the two months this was going on before the stomach pain and constipation set in. I do doctor told me to stay on low fiber for four weeks but the high fiber was needed to prevent new constipation so after two weeks I will be increasing my fiber today. Now I know the symptoms to look for like vomiting constipation a heart and stomach headaches chills sweats nausea to avoid this from ever happening again. I have always eaten well but it is difficult for me to stomach a lot of foods and then The low fiber diet actually works pretty good for me except I will need to increase that carefully. I probably have lactose issues and the doctor told me not to eat dairy which is not healthy for me and I am tolerating smaller amounts and my new doctor told me I can leave out dairy for three days and see if I feel better to test for lactose which is much easier than discontinuing dairy if I can tolerate it. Long story short this is been a nightmare that I want to share so especially the elderly realize that this can happen to anybody there are no causes food is not an issue in a Attacks but constipation is a serious issue. If you are reading information on the Internet make sure it is scholarly articles and resent because things like nuts corn etc. I have now been told are OK in moderation but of course I’m scared to death to eat. Good luck and take care of your stomach.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

I had diverticulitis. In hospital for a week. I asked my gastroenterologist if my bowel had perforated and he said no. He did no further tests. It had perforated and i had an abscess for 5 months, felt so ill. He kept telling me i was fine. Ended up going and demanding further tests as i was having agonising back pain and pus coming from my back passage. Long story but abscess found, was referred to a wonderful surgeon. Had a bowel resection, everything was stuck together in there. It was a mess. Had an iliostomy bag for 3 months to let bowel heal and then a reversal. Was readmitted with dehydration, and then last november i had agonising pain in appendix area. Surgeon found my appendix was stuck to adhesions from..my surgeries. This was all within 2 years. Been ok since then. Thank God for a wonderful surgeon.

• Posted

Thank god you are better now and i hope you stay that way. To everyone get well we have to as we all have a life to live. God bless you all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.