Diverticulosis pain

Posted , 12 users are following.

Does anyone experience sharp type pain with flare or before it starts? Also weird urinary frequency.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes and yes.  Very sharp pain in left side and urinary urgency/frequency expecially when laying down.  Like feeling like I have to go all the time
    • Posted

Its terrible pain feels like its near ovary
    • Posted

Yes, I have the same pain near my left ovary. I think it's just inflammation moving upward. What a terrible disease.

• Posted

Might be a swollen lymph node. I had a big one in my x-ray where my pain was.
  • Posted

Yes my urine had a slight burning to it..Then tons of diarrhea for a week along with a fever that landed me into the ER. 105.
  • Posted

Yes to both. The urinary frequency is my worst symptom actually. 
    • Posted

Have you been on antibiotics? Seems like Im on and off and flare ups return. Diet is hard. Cant eat alot of foods.
    • Posted

Actually, I don't have gas or diarrhea, but more urinary problems. My left side will ache, but there's pain urinating as well as a feeling of heaviness in that area.

• Posted

I get left & right side twinges & discomfort, but pain during urination & frequency is the most annoying symptom. Have severe diver, but never a urinary tract infection. It's very frustrating.

• Posted

I had the same slight burning in my urine and my kidneys hurt

Landed in the ER this a high temp 105. It's a symptom for a flare up or colitis.

• Posted

Yes same here. Dont know who to complain to. Urologist or GI doc. I have severe diverticulosis all up and down both sides
  • Posted

Yes, had diverticular flare up in April..  fixed with flagyl. Still got urinary frequency, not pain just uncomfortable.  Tests show e coli in urine so now on third set of antibiotics for it.  This is getting me down and i have developed anxiety before it all started.  Just want someone to fix me.  If these antibiotics dont work dr says see urologist, thats all i need on top of all else. Any helpful

hints anyone.

• Posted

Who did your urine test? How did you get that in urine? They have seen traces of blood in mine
    • Posted

After numerous urine tests, there's no bacteria but small amounts of blood at times.

• Posted

Dr said e coli in my sample, no blood, and after two lots of nurofentoin not gone so put me on amoxicillin which is making me feel worse and urinarynfrequencynin night eight times with heavy feeling low down.   No frequency in daytime, just feel nauseous on amoxycillin.   Cant have other antibiotics as on warfarin. I had diverticulosis two months ago but it resolved with flagyl.   Is there a link between the two infections i wonder.  I am trying hard to stick out this till course finishes in three more days. Any thoughts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.