Diverticulosis pain

Posted , 12 users are following.

Does anyone experience sharp type pain with flare or before it starts? Also weird urinary frequency.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My doc primary is concerned,, another flare up and said GI should consider ressection. Has anyone been treated with xifaxin? I am sensitive to other antibiotics. My infections seem to clear with that but return a few months later. Also no fever but chills, anyone else with that problem?
  • Posted

My pain and symptoms have been as follows. They come on in this order 

Belt line stomach cramps and diarrhea

Body chills without fever and terrible joint aches

Low urine pressure, higher frequency and pain in bladder area relieved after going. 

In last three years I’ve had two bad attacks.  Most recent landed me in the hospital.  Diagnosis was complicated D with questionable perforation. In last three years I’ve had 3-4 minor flares That subsided in 24-48 hours.  Pain and symptoms always the same but much more severe in the first attack I had and this most recent one which diagnosed and hospitalized me.   As of now surgeon believes healing to point I can have elective laparoscopic surgery is best treatment plan. 

I’ve read a lot about foods, excersize etc.   it’s very contradictory.   I garden- eat a lot of veggies.  My compost bin tells a healthy story.  I’m about 20lbs over weight but excersize 4-5 days per week.  Very active otherwise.  I can say for certain red meat, kale and spinach slow my digestive system down.  Way down.  

I can’t help but think those leafy greens have hurt my condition 

• Posted

I have had a bladder infection. Given Cipro and it cleared up. Then my left lower abdomen began to be painful 2 days ago. Bad so went to ER. CAT scan showed nothing unusual. Sent home with Tramadol and Bental. No better. Called my Dr son in law last night. He’s put me on Flagyl and Cipro. Seemed better this morning however this evening it’s painful. Still wondering what’s going on. ? Any thoughts from anyone? Thanks! Does any of this sound familiar Maybabe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.