dizzinesd

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi folks well im still waiting to see an audiologist but after reading everything on this site i dont know why im waiting i feel as this isy life from here on in. If i go to my gp i get fobbedoff with even more tablets why dont they know whats wrong with me been dizzy for 12 mths now and stil havent had a diagnosis of whats wrong its cracking me up slowly think id be better off out of here as i have no quality of life at all in the beginning i thought this aint going to beat me but its made me lose my job lost my relationship my life basically i cant see no light at the end of the tunnel

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Alison, I know of your frustration as I have had the same for longer.  am afraid you have to be pro active, which I have learned through experience with Drs!! Perosnally unless he,s a really good,,insightful Audiologist you will be wasting your time. I was sent to one and he wasted a year of my life with saying 'Migraine associated vertigo'!, told me to take Feverfew natural tabs for it as he  recognised I did not want chemical pills! They didn't work. Then physio exercises etc etc.  When he gave up  on me I went back to my GP and said, 'right, I want to be referred to a Neuro Otologist!! As I,d read up on it!  thought he,d be awkward but he wasn't,t, did the referral which I had to,wait 4 months before being seen!. and I am under them now.  it,s still slow,going, but at least I feel,they know a lot. MOre than ENT,s and Audiologists (my friend in Australia says they are two a penny apparently as it,s a short degree!). the NO guys have to study twice as long as ENT,s so that gives you an Idea! GP,s know s..t about vertigo, they don,t study it in Med school.  have you read up on it at all?  you really need to.  also if you aren't,t taking any kind of supple to, vitamins, you probably need to.  I didn't,t start to until the first year and I was exhausted, but now I do take some I can at least get through the first half of the day reasonably okay. Let me know okay.
  • Posted

Hi Alison that don't sound good.

12 months is a very long time to have.

I'm hoping I feel better next week as if I'm not better by Monday the doc said they are going to do excersice with me I think that mean shake me from left to right.

I just hope it's nothing else in my head that's coursing this.

they told me it could be an infection in the inner ear but I don't feel pain just deafness and my ears arnt blocked.

do u get this 24 7 how do u manage doing day to day things like shopping etc

• Posted

I am lucky my children are older they do my shopping havent drove for a year am afraid to im just on the settee all day i have the dizziness from the time i get up till the time i go to bed even wakes me in the night the dizziness i got a 12 yr old still living with me feel so sorry for her as i cant take her anywhere its really getting to me now seriously x
    • Posted

I thought i had something nasty but my scan results were clear on times i wish they had seensomething cos at the mo i feel im going mad because i feel so ill but yet nothing is showing x
    • Posted

Hi Allison, I know exactly how you feel,I ve had this problem for six years,I to have a twelve yr old daughter and an older daughter,it kills me not to be able to take my 12 yr old anywhere, I ve started to see a counsoller ,I was diagnosed with un compensated labythrinits about 3 yrs ago,so I fought for a diagnosis for 3 years. I know what I ve said is not helpful,but I just wanted to let you know you re not going mad and you are not alone x
  • Posted

Hi Alison

Please don't believe everything on this site or you will start to believe you will be dead in 12 months please remember you only have an ear infection !

I seen my neurologist 2 weeks ago and she was very helpful (took her 12 years to be trained in this profession )

They can normally narrow what it is down to three things !

Mines was a silent migrane which I am now being treating for

Good luck !

• Posted

I feel a little insulted by your reply,sites like these can be a help and comfort to people who just want reassurance,no our conditions are not life threatening,but if you have them long enough it can make you feel really down,mine resulted in an untreated ear infection and 6 yrs down the line I am still suffering,I m pleased you got sorted,some of us are not so lucky 
    • Posted

Hi

Sorry if you feel that way I was just making the point it could be a lot worse just look at the Motor Neurone page on this site.

I also suffer a lot from vertigo and silent migrane I have not been able to go to work for a few months I know the feeling but again it could be worse

• Posted

I think the point of all these different pages for different ailments, diseases etc is not to compare one against the other.m We knowmitmxiu.d be worse. It could be cancer, or whatever, but On thIs page we are discussing Vertigo, Vestibular type problems that go,on for years for a lot of us and have affected our day to,day lives. Lost jobs, lost relationships, lost mobility.  some people are housebound, some people still do not have a diagnosis, or have had the wrong one, with the wrong treatment, so,to say ,oh it could be worse. Is really not helpful.  Alison does not 'just have an ear infection', because if she didn't it,would have been cleared up by now, so she is searching for answers and other people,s experiences with treatment, diagnosis etc etc.  I think most people on here are actually positive and supportive, I don,t see anything that would lead someone believe they,ll be dead in 12 months.  fudge ear states that the possible,cause for her was an untreated ear infection, and this kind of thing can actually lead to all sorts of problems In The future, so,it is a valid point.
    • Posted

Yes keith i think we all know things could be worse but whatever anyone has if it lasts a long time its bound to get ppl down i have been suffering for a year now and havent even been diagnosed with anything so yes ive had enough some ppl are stronger than others .
    • Posted

I dont know what is wrong with me keith what i do know i was a 46 yr old woman that really enjoyed my job and a very active person till this dizziness hit me so its not just a ear infection .
  • Posted

Alison it not the end i had this problem for 5 years now at times it seems really grimm but life does get better I am sad u have lost all those things but maybe better people and work is in the future hopefully doctors will clue in it seems most of them have any real clues to these problems bummer for us this to will pass hang in there Alison we are all here for you
  • Posted

Hi Alison

Sorry to hear you are having such an awful time.  I understand what you are going through as I too had to retire from my job (through migrainous vertigo).  Do not give up hope you can improve but you will have to be patient and try and bear with the doctors because all patients are different and need different remedies. My doctors tried several combination of medication before I saw any improvement. 

I have tinnitus (buzzing and vibration all day every day) as well as migrainous vertigo.  I've had migraine from childhood and vertigo for around 20 years. The migrainous vertigo went into a permanent state five years ago, I collapsed and ended up in hospital where I received the diagnosis of migrainous vertigo.  I could not go out alone for several months and supermarket shopping was impossible.  I was treated with medication and referred to a physio who gave me exercises to perform daily to correct my balance.

Gradually, with the medication, acupuncture, chiropractic and other alternative therapies, I've improved.  Although I still suffer the attacks are not as regular and I've eventually found the medication that can, on most occasions, ease the migraine.  I'm back driving again but I've not yet attempted motorway driving as traffic passing on both sides affect my balance.

Five years ago I thought that would be my life forever.  I now have a lovely dog that I walk every day (unless I have a migraine) and life feels good.  I know I'm lucky because my partner and children are supportive.  My children are grown up and I do sympathise with suffers with younger children.  If your relationship ended because of your illness then it was not worth keeping!  Look to the future there are kinder people out there.

All the very best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.