Dizziness

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi folks just an update still severly dizzy its ruining me I feel I dont want to be here anymore its ruling me cant get any help.off the consultant any ideas to help would be much appreciated swaying and ears feel full all the time im a recluise dont go outside the house and my anxiety is through the roof x

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Alison,

How long have you been dealing with the symptoms? I have had swaying dizziness for about a year and 5 months now and it has been very debilitating and frustrating but I am getting better. My doctors never diagnosed me with anything but i am going to schedule physical therapy soon to try and see if vestibular rehabilitation therapy can help. I have talked to many people on this site and a lot of them that have the same symptoms as i do seem to be doing better with that therapy. But i will say you have to stay strong and fight those thoughts. There were plenty of times where i was sick of it and jsut didnt want to deal with it anymore. instead of doing more harm to myself i tried to just do things that i used to be able to do like drive to the store, go see a movie, and now im finally back working. never feel like your alone because there are plenty of us that have these damn symptoms. with the anxiety just slowly try doing things like sitting outside for an hour or two, then try walking just down the streeet like 3 houses down and come back. eventually working your way to walking further and staying out longer. thats what i did. 

• Posted

Hi john ive suffered on and off for 20 yrs with dizziness but I would take 2stematil and go and lie down I wouldnt have it for about 6mths then bute the last 3yrs has been a nightmare its constant never goes away x
    • Posted

i'm sorry its been that way for so long. its frustrating that doctors dont have a better way of detecting these issues and aren't able to help more.

• Posted

Hey Alison, I've recently just made my own thread of my battles with these symptoms as well. 

I've gone from Dr to Dr, and now to an expensive ENT only to be told it's gone from BPPV from 1 Dr, to Labyrinthitis from another to now either MAV or Meniere's from the ENT. I'm tortured everyday with this illness and I'm currently contemplating on being transfered to a psych ward since I can't live in normal society anymore because of this. 

I've ruined my relationship because of my ongoing and sever depression and anxiety and suicial thoughts and tendencies because of this illness. My girlfriend feels like walking away with our son, and it breaks my heart. I feel like the old me is somewhere inside me trapped behind this new, debilitated me and I cry and cry every night and force myself not to just slit my wrists and be done with it. 

I know my posts is quite dark and forced but I just want you to know you're not alone. Every night you're fighting to sleep or every day you're fighting this illness just know I'm right across the otherside right there with you. Whenever you're crying and screaming out for help and recovery just know I'm there doing the same. 

As much as most will tell you, these conditions just aren't treatable. They're mostly all incurable unless you're that 5% of people who just get either BPPV or Labyrinthitis and recover after 2-3 weeks. For the rest of us, society and the medical industry just give up on us and it's very sad. I feel worser than a cancer patient and honestly would give my hearing in both eyes, or my arm or leg to just have cancer rather than this. At least I have a chance at full recovery. 

I'm so sorry we're all struggling with this, and I still continue to pray that every day we all will just wake up and it'll all be a bad memory but it won't. 

I'm only just recently turned 21, and I have a girlfriend a beautiful child, we're financially unable to continue paying for private appointments with so called professionals to try and receive help. I cannot pay for therapy or expensive medication so I'm left with the majority of young adults with chronic illness's who have to live the best they can. 

• Posted

Hi jlr its a hell of a thing I am exactly the same as you my heart goes out to you I had acupuncture that eased it it didnt stop it just eased it but they stopped it and I was back to the beginning I feel as if I just exist im not living had to give up my job cos I couldnt cope and now like a recluise I cry most nights but it dont make things any better hope it eases soon for you x
  • Posted

What type of dizziness do you experience? Feel like the room is spinning? Feel like you are unsteady? Feel light headed? Does the dizziness come and go or is it fairly constant? How did this all start? Was there some type of trigger like a bad cold? There are several different types of dizzy. Really sorry to hear you are having a hard time.
    • Posted

It started after an abcess in my ear 21 years ago where the dizziness would come and go id lie down it would go but the last 3years it hasnt left me ive lost my job and am a recluise I dont leave the house I have had spinning but mostly unsteady and light headed feel really sick with it my ears feel full all the time I cant take no more x
  • Posted

Hi Alison

I'm sorry you having a bad time.  I know how you feel, mine started 2 yrs ago and I became completely consumed by it and my anxiety was on a constant high, to the point I ended up in hyperstimulated state, meaning every little twing I felt in my body sent me into such anxiety and panic it was uncontrollable.  I have generalized anxiety disorder and health anxiety so when the vestibular migraine/migraine associated vertigo started I didn't believe the diagnoses because it made no sense to me how one day I was fine and the next I was on the this rocking swaying boat that I couldn't get off of.  I don't know how I did it but I manage to continue working full time and lived in the horrible state of fear.  AS I  sit here writing this, its been raining here for 4 days and my vertigo has been so much worse, I don't know what it is about the storms but this one slammed me good. The past 4 days I have felt like Im tilting to the right, feel like I"m on a fair ride, feel like i"m going to spin but don't, nausea, headache, tight shoulders, feel like I'm being picked up and tilted forward. This disorder is a tough one, its so unpredictable that makes it impossible to feel good.  One day I'm ok, I say ok because i can tolerate it, then within an hour of all is good to feeling like I'm floating on a raft, going up and down, with dropping sensations when sitting, falling backward sensations when standing, headaches, neck pain, shoulders get very tight, quick spinning sensations, mid back hurts I think from trying to balance, of course anxiety, most of my sensations are when I'm sitting still or standing still.   I have tried amitriptyline and couldn't take it, now i'm on propranolol 20mgs twice a day and I take xanax on the bad days.  The propranolol helps a bit but doesn't stop the dizziness, and helps some with anxiety.  

Its hard not knowing what to do next, what doctor to see.  I finally gave up trying to find a new doc.  Its so expensive and all the testing.  

Have you spoken to your doc about some anxiety meds, at least to  help calm things down so you can get your head around the fear of it.  I do know my neuro ent told me that anxiety comes with this disorder, as the anxiety center and the balance center are so close together.  

I hope you find some help and get some relief soon.

• Posted

Never suffered with anxiety till I was dizzy all the time now I cant go outside the door without a nasty panic attack its a hell of a thing but docs say its not life threatning who are they to say that they dont know how you feel with it I feel as if my life is over x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.