Dizziness, Brain Fog, Fatigue, and anxiety. Help much appreciated!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone, 

20 Y/O Male here. Long post but I really am lost and want to post as much information as possible.   

About 2 months ago I had 2 severe panic attacks (I don't know if this has any correlation just stating the facts, and yes I am aware of the anxiety forum but everyone there of corse thinks every symptom is anxiety related and I'm not too convinced, I think you guys can really help) 

The following days after I started getting spells of dizziness which sent my anxiety overboard. I've been a long time sufferer of anxiety but NEVER had any issues like this. I do want to note I take no medication. 

The dizzyness continued and happened more frequently and I started getting brain fog, derealization, Ringing in my ears, pressure in my head, and minor Ice Pick headaches that came and went. (I've never suffered from headaches)

All of this sent my anxiety overboard and I started googling symptoms which just made it worse. I went to an Urgent Care doctor who diagnosed me with an ear infection ( no pain in ears ever)

He gave me ear drops and anti vertigo medication. After taking them both for the reccomended amount of time they had NO change.

I do want to mention I didn't have vertigo (the room wasn't spinning) I felt as if I was walking on a boat, or I was unsteady kind of a whoozy feeling. My balance is fine as I skateboard and have tested it numerous times (placing feet together and closing eyes, eyes closed one leg tests, etc) I've never fallen over or lost my balance. This issue has severly affected my life. The constant worry keeps me from enjoying activites. The brain fog and dizzyness keeps me from working and enjoying life. It's awful. 

I went to the ER and had an EKG done, the Dr. said I didn;t even need that, did NO tests, and blew it off as anxiety and stress. 

I started googling symptoms more which gave me severe health anxiety and just put my stress overboard, I was convinced I was dying of some terminal illness. I started getting muscle spasms and twitches, brain zaps when trying to sleep, occasional tingles/pins and needles, rushes of electricity in my body. Visual snow, and Eye floaters most of which I attribute to anxiety and stress being through the roof but I'm not convinced ALL my issues are anxiety related. 

The dizziness and brain fog comes and goes. I'll have it for a week or two straight, get some days of relief (never relief from all symptoms just the dizzy/brain fog fatigue feelings) then it'll come back. 

I went to a PCP (Primary care physician) he was an MD. Ran a quick neuro test on me, and like 3 or 4 blood tests, all came back normal. He prescribed me Anti Anxiety meds and blew it off as Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I really think there is something else wrong. Made sure I had no ear infection (which I didn't)

After continuing to feel like trash daily and being pretty much disabled and having NO motivation and constantly worrying. 

I went to the ER. This time I said NOTHING about anxiety just my symptoms. The ER Dr. ran a more extensive neuro test. More blood tests, Urine Tests, A Head/Neck CT Scan with and Without contrast to rule out bleeds, or masses growing in my head (IE a brain tumor). 

ALL came back normal. She reassured my worries about having brain cancer.

Now I'm about back to square one. I still have these awful dizzy, fatigue, brain fog symptoms as well as this worry of a brain tumor and it being missed by my CT scan because I've found stories of tumors being missed by CT scans that were picked up by an MRI. (however rare this may be) 

I live in a small town with not so great insurance and getting to a neurologist in the next month seems pretty much impossible.

Any insight, oppinions, things you've learned or tried, or ANYTHING to help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have another Dr appointment on the 16th but I'm worried not much will be done. I really feel like I need an MRI to help me with the thought of this brain tumor issue or to find out any other issues. 

I've read a few posts on here that seem somewhat relevent and would love your guys's help.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hey guys! I really understand each of you cause im in same condition since 1.5 years now i cant even work anymore. before i got this symptoms i used PPİ Omeprazole. İ was happy women until this happened to me. Doctors have no İdea it comes definitely from ear every test will be normal cause its the inner ear. U should visit dizziness center if u can ill do that next week. and pls make a search PPPV symptoms on Youtube. And TMJ disorders on google. There are many researches shows relation between teeth and vertigo/tinnitus. By the way İm a psychologist and if doctors nothing see on tests anything sure they will say its psychological. No its real what u have please fight against it and never lose hope. İ really hug you all from heart cause i know how hard that is especially when nobody understands around you. Be healthy and safe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.