Dizziness during deep sleep

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi

i am facing serious problem from last 2 years i feel dizzy during deep sleep. it is a sensation of falling like someone pulling inside the ground it lasts for 15-35 secs. it is not just a feeling i am literally falling down from one side. my all tests, MRI, EEG are normal. sometimes it increases like 4-5 times in a night sometimes 1 time in 2-3 days and sometimes day time also when i am awake

if anybody is experiencing such problem please help me out.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

you need to look up an otolaryngologist. this doctor specializes in this. you may have a vestibular issue. there are many. i have vestibular migraines and am getting better now. thanks to this doctor. a regular nuerologist, misdiagnosed me. ENT and hospital doctor misdiagnosed me. look up "dizzy clinic" in your area. before i was treated and diagnosed properly, i would get dizzy in bed. if i got up in the night to use the bathroom, when i would crawl back in bed, i had this freefalling sensation. every time. it was awful. i could only sleep on one side. if i turned in my sleep, i would feel dizzy and feel like i was falling too. since i have been diagnosed properly and i am on the right meds, i havent had this at all.

• Posted

thanks for your reply . iwilltry to find dizzy clinic in my area

• Posted

day, there are so many different diagnosis, even if you have to go a little further than normal, the dizzy clinics have the proper testing to rule out certain disorders. i was diagnosed with BPPV, then vestibular nueritis. they kept telling me it would go away with time. i was in PT too. both of these were wrong. the testing from the dizzy clinic, along with the otolaryngologist, and the medication prescribed, finally gave me the right diagnosis. vestibular migraines. look it up on webmd. you dont need the pain of a migraine to have this, so it goes undiagnosed. if i hadnt pushed thru several doctors, i would have lost everything. the nuerologist that diagnosed me with VN- said to me after months of not getting better, that i just might be disabled forever. had she not been so awful, maybe i might have not found the right person to help me. i know that scary awful feeling of freefalling in bed. i dont have it anymore. good luck.

• Posted

Deep sleep means you are not awake ,so it's a nightmare you are having.

When you are awake it can be vertigo but your doctor has to determine which type ,there are several. I have suffered Meniere disease vertigo , which can be kept under control in different ways.

• Posted

suddenly feeling like falling in a deep sleep is really a horrible nightmare and i am facing this everyday . frankly speaking doctors are not believing this and i feel helpless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.