Dizziness feeling unbalanced

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

Does anyone suffer from feeling dizzy/unbalanced? It happened to me briefly a while ago. Two days ago it happened again but worse. I was just sitting at my computer when it happened and when I tried to stand up to get to the sofa I felt unbalanced and nearly fell over. Dr checked me over the other day and didn't seem worried.

Today whilst shopping in town I started feeling a bit odd like I was going to get dizzy but didn't. When walking it felt like I was walking on foam or something soft. I am going through the menopause and I also have had a bad back which still hurts in the lower back area, I wonder if this could cause these symptoms too.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Karen, I am 41 and peri menopause. Been getting that awful unbalanced feeling, floating, walking on sponges feeling...for over a year since my cycles became irregular. I have migraines since peri and it is causing vestibular issues for me.. I take nortripyline and it is helping me a bit. please check out the menopause forum (under womens health) if you have not already. We talk a lot about this. You are not alone on this one!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I will look at the menopause forum. I have been getting really worried imagining all sorts.

• Posted

Do your symptoms come and go? I have not had this for months and never had the walking on sponge feeling before.

• Posted

HI karen...Been dealing with it since July 2017...the first 6 months was off and on. The past year has been constant. It is awful. I have to wear big sunglasses and hats if I venture out...the lights throw me for a loop. Driving is very scary sometimes...then the anxiety of it all makes it worse.

• Posted

i am 58 Very active run yoga walking ect....and i think sometimes walking like a drunk!!!i am in ménopause and anxiety doesn't help at all just make it worse, u not alone

• Posted

Hi castor, same here with the drunk feeling. that is wonderful that you stay nice and active! I am slowly moving around a bit more. trying to get back on my treadmill...every time I try...I feel like I am still moving when I get off the thing! Same feeling when I drive. terrible. at 41, I have a long way to go! Take good care! 😃

• Posted

thanks just glad not to be alone with this craziness and getting anxious make it worse

a terrible feeling, I had it like a year ago and just went away, now again for weeks

• Posted

Thank you, and yes I agree anxiety probably makes it all worse. Thanks for your help.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. The anxiety has been the worst menopausal symptom for me.

• Posted

hi karen!!! another post i could have written!!

ditto to all you said!! i just told my husband my head feels heavy and that its not screwed on tight to my neck, lol

lou is right check the meno forum...

i love lou 😃 shes kind, smart and very helpful...

take care friend... i know all this sucks rocks and is scary

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I just replied to lou and mentioned I have been getting really worried.

Do your symptoms come and go? I have not had this for months.

• Posted

its been basically all the time for the past year... somedays worse than others which all this causes me anxiety, which doesnt help the situation 😦

• Posted

Oh how horrid for you. I just hope it all passes soon as it is not nice. I worry if I am out and lost balance and fall over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.