Dizziness/headaches are back ....causing major health anxierty

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys I posted a few times recently basically in the middle of August I started feeling lightheaded and having headaches everyday. My doc has said its anxiety and I started taking citalopram 10mg. I had some good days where I actually noticed I hadn't felt lightheaded and now it's back. My doc doesn't know what's wrong with me and has organised a CT scan of my head and given me a higher dose of my iron tablets (I have low ferritin). 

I'm just petrified that these symptoms aren't anxiety. If I knew for certain I feel I could deal with them but I'm convinced it's a brain tumour or MS or something and I'm gonna die!! Thing is before I got these symptoms I wasn't depressed/anxious about anything so that's what makes me thing this MUST be bad and not just anxiety. 

The thought of feeling like this forever scares the sh*t outa me. I just wanna me a good mum to my one year old this is destroying my life. 

Can feeling lifjtheaded/having headaches/buzzing in my head really just be anxiety???? Im convincin myself I'm terminal or something here. Thing is other people would have these symptoms and probably not even give them a second thought. 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Nicola I also have dizzyness n feel wierd in the head and not right and like u I werent anxious before these symptoms but now it's scaring me to death and I have 2 young children I can barely look after because these feelings causing me to freak out sad I had a mri 2 yr's ago and itvwas clear but now I'm thinking what if they have missed something coz I feel like this 24/7 and I'm scared il never feel normal again sad I'm on 20mg citalopram it's only been 2days on this dose so I'm hoping they help x
    • Posted

Hi dizzydoll its horrible isnt it, i wouldnt wish these symptoms on anyone. Its so hard trying to look after little ones when youre so worried about your symptoms. I feel that if i just had an answer, i could start to ignore the symptoms. Dont forget that the citalopram is probably contributing to your symptoms at the moment because they take a week or two to kick in. When i first started taking them i felt spaced out,dizzy and omg the yawning was a nightmare ...literally couldnt stop yawning. I hope you start to feel better soon. x
  • Posted

hi, i understand how scared you are, its horrid to feel this way.a friend of mine started feeling dizzy every day last year to the point she stopped going out incase she fell over, she went back and forth to the doctors with no resolve, then she went to see another one of the gps at the surgery who told her to try a new tablet that she swear by, and the next day the dizziness stopped, that was 7 weeks ago now and they havnt returned at all. she is shocked that the tablet stopped it immediately with no side effects, i am unsure of the name of the tablets, when i see her i can ask and post it on here, it would be worth  a try, and it goes to show, sometimes its just taking the right meds and nothing more serious. 
  • Posted

Hi Nicola

It's an awful feeling isn't it.

I have suffered from anxiety for years on and off.

It's come back again due to the menopause.

I have had the same feelings as you in my head, anxiety does make you feel like this.  I have been getting it a lot recently, light headedness, headache, dizzy, unbalanced feeling, foggy head.. It isn't nice I also feel shaky with it too.

I have never had MRI on my head.  I do know what you mean when you think what if it's this or that.  I also do this a lot, it is part of the anxiety.

It is best to get it checked out though, good luck with your scan and I really hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes Tina

• Posted

Hi Tina ur symptoms sound exactly like mine with all the head sensations and shaking it's so scary it makes it haRd for me to get through the day, are u on any meds?
    • Posted

No I am not on any mess, all I take now are vitamins.  I was on Prozac for about four years, this was give years ago, I wanted to come off of them.  

I was doing really well.  I have had a tough year this year and in addition to going through the menopause this has brought all the anxiety back 😔

Hopefully we will all get better real soon, take care x

• Posted

Hi tina ive actualy wondered if im having an early menopause!! Im wondering if my anxiety is due to hormone problems. Im 30 and the doctor didnt even consider it though. Mind you ive considered every single disease/conditon lately. My doctor has told me he doesnt have a clue whats causing the lightheadedness/dizziness. sad
    • Posted

You are not alone Nicola,  this is what you do with anxiety...  I too keep wondering if I have a disease or something else really bad.

It's not nice at all 😔 thinking of you and hope we can all feel better soon x

• Posted

It's really shocking what The mind can do to the body, which then in turn affects the mind! An awful vicious circle, and when you first have all these symptoms until you chat to others in the same boat you can not comprehend that anxiety is the only thing wrong with you... I think my anxiety is menopausal aswell!  Once you find the formula that works for you, things will improve. I have a supportive family, that helps too...
    • Posted

Hi Tracie,

I must say it has definitely helped me coming on this site.

It does really make a difference when you know others are getting the same sptims as you.

It's good to have contact with others and when you feel bad you have got someone to talk to because sometimes when family and friends haven't been through it they rally don't understand.

X

• Posted

Hi Nicola, I used to feel like this but have never actually pinned it to my anxiety, although I take medication (sertraline) for it rolleyes. I put it down to hypoglycemia brought on from not eating regularly enough, and drinking coffee. Maybe drinking more water and eating fairly nutritious food more frequently might be worth a go.xxx 
  • Posted

Hey Nicola. I feel your pain incredibly. I also have Had to deal with anxiety from time to time and i'm sick of it. Its paralyzing and all I want is to feel better. I think why me. What did i do. I'm not the healthiest person. I drink like every other person and I smoke Marijuana so i attribute it to that. I recently started getting lightheaded at times. I get headaches. My mind is foggy and time feels like its flying by. My fingers are tingly and comes up my face sometimes. My stomach acts up and i have acid reflux. My chest is tight. I had a panic attack at work. Its horrible. I think i'm dying every day from a Tumor/Brain Cancer. Mind you i'm 31 and im like im too young for this to happen. 

I'm doing everything possible to get rid of this in a hollistic approach. I started acupuncture with a chinese doctor who injects vitamin B12 in you. He gave me natural anxiety/panic attack meds. Im eating alot healthier which honestly helps no matter what. I started yoga and i heard that meditation is fantastic to get rid of it. Also i get massages and all of those things help. Dont get hooked on some pill bc you might find a solution else where. Good Luck. I know were not dying and we'll get thru this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.