Dizziness/imbalance/burping/belching/non working gallbladder.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm almost suffering with digestion issues like belching/burping/dizziness/imbalance for 7 years. I did MRI, it was normal. Did colonoscopy and endoscopy 3 times, remarked with gastritis. But HIDA scan showed my gallbladder is not working at all 0%. I can remember these dizziness /imbalance started when I felt a pain on my right side. If I eat any oily, fatty, protein foods like chicken my stomach gets distended where I need to burp/belch to get relieve from symptoms. My concern is more on the dizziness/imbalance compared to my digestion issues. My B12 was low, had multiple shots but did not help much.Doctors says only if I remove my gallbladder we will come to know if dizziness is due to that or not.So like to hear from you all if it is the right thing to remove non working gallbladder.In internet, who suffer only comes and post, who are good , don't care and look after their life. I really like to hear if anybody had the above issues and how did get solved.

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

No there isn't I'm afraid but there is treatment which can make it a whole lot better to be honest. I currently am almost symptom free after treatment and I have a history of the most awful vestibular problems. At the moment have no neuro symptoms at all. I have had a return of gastritis and have developed bad foot pain but that has been treated pretty successfully with plaquenil. That is commonly used in Sjogren's treatment. 

• Posted

The list of symptoms that I look for sjorgen syndrome matches me. Especially the picture showing eyelids and near the ear glands when I searched in Google. Now it seems I'm dealing overall with a different issue. Thanks for the prompt reply so far, is there any diagnosis test for it to confirm?

• Posted

Not producing enough tears is one of the symptoms of Sjogren's and not producing enough saliva. Hence the dry mouth and eyes. Things like visco tears are prescribed though think you can get more advanced meds. They thought I had Sjogren's at one point but saliva test was normal and they thought about a lip biopsy but didn't do it because I was diagnosed with something very similar but not the same.

• Posted

So there is no one single diagnostics test to confirm this?

Also seems it will help with dizziness....but how it helps with other organs like gallbladder?

• Posted

ok so the diagnosis can be difficult but is of course possible. You need a referral to someone who understand the condition. I began the process by seeing a rheumatologist and she referred me to an immunologist. There are blood tests. Not always conclusive. Sometimes these conditions are diagnosed on 

And auto immune conditions can affect the gallbladder and often other organs.It does not necessarily it will do any lasting damage to your gallbladder but may cause it to flare up if that makes sense.  

• Posted

The amount of information that you have provided is invaluable. And all the symptoms applies to me. Especially mentioned in niams.nih.gov website..not sure I can post the link here. But you have really helped me to the right direction. God bless you. Also there seems to be cute, I'm afraid how things are going to be in future now for me and my family.

• Posted

So in other words, in theory if you have this and you control the disease, the symptoms should all go away. With these conditions, the problem is caused by inflammatory activity. If you control the inflammation you control the symptoms. It is systemic so you treat overall disease. If you get the right treatment, you dampen down all the areas where inflammation is occurring and you get a relief from the symptoms. It is complicated but hope that makes sense. 
    • Posted

You have given very valuable information and it's really eye opener for me. God bless you.

The sjorgen syndrome has following symptoms and many other when I searched. Buy atleast I have the following symptoms. I will definitely check on this.

Concentration/brain fog

Dry mouth/eyes/ sinus/skin

Peripheral neuropathy

Stomach upset/gastritis.

I'm bit concerned at this point as it has no cure , but can suppress the symptoms. Hope I don't run in to major health issues. Also let me confirm that I have this syndrome.

• Posted

Yes I have same symptoms. Many of us suffer for a lont time without explanation. Very frustrating.

Please take heart though...I am in a kind of remission currently. I have been 4 years without major symptoms. But yes. Getting diagnosed is a major part of the battle. I want to post a link for you but not sure it will be allowed. Will try. Take care and keep us informed. X

• Posted

Margaret - thank you. It has been 7 years with this issue with no explanation or treatment. It put my family and work life upside down. Can't tell in words the list of issues I faced with family and at work. I at one point felt like a disabled person. I will meet the rheumatologist next week and will get it diagnosed and let you all folks now how I'm doing.I want the other suffers who are going through this to get diagnosed quickly instead of waiting for years. I will keep posted.. please do regularly check this thread and like to hear your valuable suggesstions and thoughts.If works, it a life changing event for me. Once again thanks for your valuable time , thoughts,suggestions and help.

• Posted

ok Jayvin please google The Washington Post a complicated case

Hopefully a story about a woman suffering from Sjogren's comes up. It's about her journey and how she finally got a diagnosis. She may have some different symptoms from you. Symptoms are wide ranging. 

• Posted

good article on how long it took to diagnose the root cause.No one should suffer for a long period. let me see what my test results come up.
  • Posted

Hi Jayvin, hope you are doing well. I have a similar symptom for last 1 year, pain at right abdomen, diziness, fatigue, digestion issue, constipation, burping/belching after meals.

I also have borderline low B12, taking methycobol tablets helped somewhat but no cure. I also have low Vit D. CT scan, Endoscopy were all normal except for slightly enlarged spleen. Now going for colonoscopy next week. I am really tired of living like this, am just 24 years old and it makes me sad.

Please tell whether your symptoms are gone or not?

• Posted

Hi.... i am also suffering from similar problems. I had h.pylori, low vitD, B12, high bp. Most annoying is dizziness and burping. Shakeyness and dizzy feelings just before burping.... i feel these almost everyday.... for last 3 years.

I have gone through numerous tests and visited many good Doctors. But still no cure!

• Posted

I seen this and this is me been suffering for 4years but have had my gall bladder out and still really dizzy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.