dizziness /vertigo

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all.. I have dizziness/vertigo everyday.. I really don't know what should I do anymore.. feel so tired and sick of it.. I been to doctors and done MRI but everything turns out well. . There's no reason for my dizziness.. it is severely affected my daily life. . I have 2 boys and 1 gal coming out soon.. I feel so sad and bad which I can't take care or bring them out myself... cos I will giddy easily and need someone to hold me instead... felt so useless. . I hope I will recover soon.. not recovered completely but at least improvement. . Are there any home remedies which can help dizziness or any solution? I need help urgently. .. thank u all for ur time and kindness. . God bless..

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This post may be a bit long but i would appreciate anyone taking the time to read it and to give me some comments.  I went to see my consultant this morning and here is the latest - she has increased my dosage of Nortryptaline to 30mg instead of 20mg and has also prescribed me a drug (can't think what the name is now) and it is for me to pop into my mouth when i start to get the onset of a 'dizzy spell'.  I am due to see her again in January as a follow up.  My MRI (head) which i had done sometime last year threw up a 14mm calcified menigioma (basically it is benign tumour).  As you can imagine, i panicked when i received the letter telling me this but i was told it was nothing to worry about and that i will have a follow up scan next year.  I spoke with my consultant today about this (she is a different consultant to the one regarding the brain scan) and she told me that these cysts are quite common in women (something to do with hormones) but she said that she isn't entirely convinced that my dizziness is NOT due to this cyst ie where the cyst is on the part of my brain, is where it involves movement so that could explain why i feel sort of 'off balance' and feeling being 'pulled to one side' when i walk which can sometimes set off the dizziness.  I am not worried about this cyst as the consultant who saw me regarding it said it was nothing to worry about and he's only doing the follow up scan next year just to make sure the cyst remains stable i suppose.  He said that my dizziness has nothing to do with the cyst whereas my consultant i saw this morning said it could be - i don't know what to think really.  All i can do is hope that the tablets work. I don't need an operation (thank goodness!).   Has anyone had a calcified cyst which has caused them dizziness / vertigo? or would this be a question for a different post?  thanks.
    • Posted

I am so sorry to hear all this...Yes I was on nortripyline 30 mg and it helped a little.....Honestly, I would have all my mri's, scans etc send to another doctor for another opinion........It cant hurt and will will probably put you a little at ease.........I would have definetely panicked too...... Good Luck..........Go get another opinioncry
    • Posted

oh also maybe you should get your eyes checked go to an opthamalogist not an optomatrist (spelled it wrong??)
    • Posted

I am so sorry to hear all this.....Yes I was on nortripyline 30 mg and it helped a little...Honestly, I would have all my mri's, scans etc send to another doctor for another opinion...it cant hurt and might put you a little at ease........I would panick too....Good Luck...Go get another opinion  
    • Posted

I hope all my replies went through to Carina  My computer doing funny things
    • Posted

From Rita send you like 3 replies....Computer doing funny stuff hope you got them
    • Posted

Yes Rita I got them thanks.  I should be able to trust the consultants, I've been told not to worry about the cyst, they wouldn't say that if it was serious it's just that I don't know if this cyst could be causing my dizziness.  I'm hoping the Meds will work.  I have my eyes tested every year because I'm diabetic and nothing sinister has shown up ( I did mention my dizziness about a year ago).  I think I'll see what the follow up
    • Posted

I am now trying to find an opthamologist in order to get my eyes checked....Heard about vertical heterophia that can cause dizziness......might have found one with pretty good ratings.....anyway I hope we all get better soon!!!!!smile  
    • Posted

Are you in the UK or the US?  i have written a letter today to the consultant who did the MRI head scan for me about the 'calcified menigioma' and just asking a few questions about it, won't do any harm!  i hope you get sorted with your eyes and thanks for mentioning 'vertical heterophia' i will have to google that later :-) take care x
    • Posted

Hi........ I live in the US............Had so far a really good day today but I still think I need to get my eyes checked.........Glad you tried to get in touch with your consultant.........I hope it gives you a little relief to your questions.....If I dont hear from you before Thanksgiving...........Have a Happy one with your family........Take Care
    • Posted

I've written to my consultant and just waiting for his response now.  As  my dosage of Nortryptyline has been increased from 20mg to 30mg it seems to have improved my dizziness.  I have expressed my concern though about my menigioma so it will be interesting to hear what my consultant has to say.
    • Posted

i hope the meds work so that you will be able to function normally again....That medicine helped a little for me .....didnt really do the trick  I was taking 30 and then they changed it...Wish you luck!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.