dizziness walking problems,head pressure and lightheaded ?

Posted , 28 users are following.

so for the past 3 years I'm suffering this kind of illness! whenever I walk outside,malls etc I always feel like my balance is not right and I always feel lightheaded or dizzy. I went to alot of doctors before i think almost 10+ I done all test, Blood test,ecg,VGN,balance test manuever test almost all test except CT scan and MRI most doctors diagnosed me with migraine vertigo,anxiety and panic attack so for the past few months I recovered and I was fine until 2 days ago it happened! the worst dizziness of my life where I didnt feel my legs and body and I felt like im spinning all over and my visions was zooming in and out and I was so scared and my mom grabbed me cuz Im falling down so we rush to ER and the Doctor gave me serc 24mg after 30 mins my dizziness lessen and the Doctor told me it was just a vertigo and I'm fine, I wanna know if there are people who experience this too? im really scared... please share your experience

2 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi just want to tell your not alone I been like that or worse for four years in a half non stop dizziness 24/7day by day. Pressure in my head and eyes one pupil larger than the other witch I think that's my anxiety pill.heart palpitations. Internal tremors I feel like I'm going to die everyday so Mutch symptoms twitching legs hands Plus falling asleep lims,it only get worst did a cat scan on my head OK just sinusitis and diagnosed with vertigo but I get this pressure almost everyday on top of my head get a shiver a sudden pressure with dizzyness its so intense I have to hold on to something.Check with doctors all these years now came up with bronquitis,gastritis, kidney stones,migraine headache,scoliosis,have severe back pain symptoms u name it twitching muscles im sldo scared can't stop thinking about it also diagnosed with generalize anxiety and depression but pretty sure that has to do a lot with it.advice I could give u cat scan during a lot of water and Dont think to Mitch about it.ohh and also I have and inflammation on my liver I know is crazy but sometimes is better to relax look up in YouTube there's a lot of home remedies for dizzyness and headaches witch are great.I'm still going through but knowing were not alone makes us feel better live is complicated but as we make it the brain is so intense if u think ur chest is going to hurt it will send the signals and your chest will really hurt so try reading,something to keep you occupied walk an 1hour a day that will ease your mind I Dont if I was any help but I need help myself owwww and make sure you are in a good diet.....best of luck

• Posted

hi, i suffer from dizziness permanent since one year and a half, i have to do rehab but anxiety and depression very deep, cant hold going to the rehab as i suffer from agoraphobia, i am dizzy at my flat too.....how did it improved for you? where you dizzy all the time and no possibility to walk ? sorry for my question, loosing hope and strenght
    • Posted

That's the thing it never went away it came down a little with walking everyday for an hour.but still the same in June it will be 5years was in the er yesterday blood pressure was a little high 140/100 I'm also scared my mind won't stop thinking that I'm going to die.I was tired I have heart palpitations.its hard to breath my neumologist. Send me to do another cat scan on my lungs.my gastro said were going to wait three months to do a cabdomen on my abdomen I'm also scared every part of my body hurts.I wake up with one of my hands and leg asleep its scary I just want to live a normal life I have two kids I'm just trying to have faith.but for the dizziness I use a pill call merislon it helps a little bit and drinking plenty of water and exercise.but otherwise may god be with us all and let us get out this living nightmare.

• Posted

I have been experiencing this for about the last month now.  Started with my balance and now my head.  They did all the same tests.  Ruled out vertigo.  I am now scheduled for an MRI.  It's very scary! 

• Posted

Hi PJ8888

I've experienced vertigo and other symptoms for several years and have found no doctors who take it all seriously although I have only been to see a handful in the last couple of years as symptoms grew worse. 

I am on this site because I experienced a very painful leg & calf muscle cramping in my left leg with some thick yet light headedness (almost a faint but not?) today while walking and upon researching, found your question and some answers in this forum. 

Just to add to this... my grand daughter as was her Mother when she was young, is diagnosed Absent Seizure (Petit Mal or Silent Seizure or Focal) Epilepsy and again, upon research, I now recognise that I hd this when I was young too. Research states that children grow out of it but we are certain my daughter didnt really grow out of it (but somehow is lesser as she's aged) and I've found forums with people of All ages discussing their situations and symptoms related to Absent Seizure. 

I am just wondering if you or anyone in this forum was diagnosed or may have Absent Seizure/Petit Mal Epilepsy as I feel all of this may be related? 

Thank you for your time. 

• Posted

I have something similar going on. Every time I walk I feel light headiness and lately I can see mostly when I step on my left leg I get some strange feeling in my head like some balance issue or whatever it is it is really hard to explain but it make me feel unstable.. Did lots of blood tests.. Checked heart. Chest all came up as good. And I still have same issue and lately it every day thing. I don't feel any pain it just starts with weak legs and I don't know what to do anymore. If someone has some advice it would be much appreciated

Thanks

• Posted

Is anyone still on here anyone doing better I have the same issues but seems like worse this time of year but I also had issue with my back the other night and my neck shoulder area always bothers me what is serc medicine and and mine seems to be worse with sinus issues and allergies and my ear hurts some too but yet I had all kinds of test from like 2006 to like 2012 and everything always came back normal so they said anxiety and panic attacks and then I can do alright for a few months and then bam 💥 back with a vengeance then I get scared to be alone I already won't drive alone or hardly even with someone so I just ride with people and make someone stay with me usually and I've also had to put it in Gods hands cause I'm never alone I just have to call on Him 🙏🏼

• Posted

Hi I’m 23 and have bin suffering with dizziness and vertigo for 2 years in January. It all started when I was walking down my drive and it felt like my body was going side ways! It felt awful then I started feeling dizzy and I had my ears checked by the doctor 3 times no sign of anything then a week later I seen a different doctor he said I have an outer ear infection in my right  ear so he gave me some ear drops I was on them for a few days which I was fine until I stopped them I had fluid down my right ear too! I then was referred to ear nose and throat which my consultant decided for me to have a grommet fitted in my right ear which all my symptoms went for a month then came back! I then had a balance test done which they picked up on two things which they said my particles in my left ear was out of place and I have poor eye tracking which I had the first head treatment which helped but still felt dizziness and my balance feels awful and in 2 weeks time I’ve got to start doing eye exercises but now there saying it could be migraines what’s causing all this! I just want to be back to normal again I wouldn’t wish this on anyone sad I’ll tell you a few symptoms what I’ve got. Feel dizzy, everything is spinning and some objects come towards me makes me feel sick, when walking feels like I’m going sideways especially on busy roads, going in shops makes me feel dizzy and feels like My head is rocking side to side and there’s more!! 
    • Posted

Hi there - I can totally relate to what you are going through. My symptoms came on instantly after a vacation in the States in 2014. I had sudden 24/7 intense dizziness/trouble walking and standing/intense migraines everyday/eye strain and fatigue in eyes/muscle weakness behind knees and arms/shoulder and neck pain. Sleeping would be an issue too - never seemed to get a good sleep. But it's the only thing I would look forward to at the end of the day, as I'm always scared of what the morning would bring. Physically going thru this on a daily basis is exhausting to not only me but my husband and 4 kids. MRI and blood work came out normal. In a way I would almost wish they can just diagnose me with something, so I know I'm not crazy.  Doctor now thinks severe anxiety such as post traumatic stress disorder, as it can bring on those feelings. Everytime I try a new med, I get severe anxiety as I feel the heart palpitations. I have started taking magnesium glycinate at brekky/lunch/supper to help but it doesn't take everything away. It's still awful to live with but any bit of something helps. Also I take Vit B12 and Vit D. and drink a green  shake/limit sugar/grease/dairy/caffeine to almost non existent. Drink a lot of water. This is what has helped me somewhat. But it's like after taking magnesium glycinate for a few years, It seems my body not responding as well as it used to. I don't know where I go from here as I'm scared myself. But I pray you will get better. 

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply Cindy thank god I’m not alone! I seen my consultant he’s now saying he don’t think it’s my ears that’s causing my dizziness and I said well I think it’s my eyes, so I had another head treatment done couple of weeks ago oh my god I’ve bin loads better but unfortunately it’s getting worse again sad you said about eye straining and weak muscles I’m the same but had these symptoms way before my dizziness started. My eyes feel really heavy sometimes makes me feel really tired and My eyes feel really slow at moving. Do you get brain fog at all with all this because I know it’s a strange age to say but most of the time I don’t feel with it lol but omg I really hope I get better it’s horrible I get scared walking past people too because of my balance ! 
  • Posted

Hi, I have the same problem, especially when I walk in a store and drive sometimes. Looking for help also. I have all kind of test, including brain test, every test comes normal. 
  • Posted

PJ8888 - Thank you for starting this discussion. I have learnt much from everybody here and like everyone, don't feel quite so alone and feel better armed to see my doctor yet again! I have been seeing a chiropractor who has been a tremendous help to my symptoms.  She was also the only practitioner in 10 years of neck, shoulder pain, headaches,  anxiety, panic attacks, long attacks of vertigo, deafness in one ear, etc.. who ordered xrays of my neck and shoulders, which revealed the serious trauma of the fall I had 10 years ago and the osteo arthritis which is making it all worse!  Thank God for a chiropractor who listens to their clients and puts their hands on your body and feels where the problems are!!  Doctors just don't or won't!  

Anyway.. Thanks again and I trust that you too have more confidence in discussing your symptoms with a doctor, any doctor who will listen because there will be one and perhaps even a chiropractor who can assist you. 

Cheers, Sharon 

• Posted

Hi my name is angel I have everything you just said but my head feels like its on fire and my neck my eyes I so sore I just got out from seeing a doctor and all he can do is send my for blood test I keel feeling like I'm not okay and feel like I'm about to pass out

• Posted

I have been having similar issues. I started having dizziness last year. Had an abnormal mri , dr seems to think I had a small stroke. All my other tests have come back fine. Went for a follow up a few mos later and the white matter was smaller. They cant find a cause for the stroke. I am still dizzy all the time. The room doesnt spin, I'm more "drunk" feeling and spaced out. I feel like I'm going to pass out sometimes. I'm unsteady, off balance, have a hard time concentrating, get a tingling/numb feeling in my face/scalp. Sometimes my neck and jaw is tender. I just started a migraine medication, and am going back for another mri in a couple weeks. So far the medicine is doing nothing but making myself more dizzy. I feel crazy. Glad to know I'm not alone. It's scary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.