Dizzy all the time,even when not having a panic attack

Posted , 9 users are following.

So I have written on here a couple of time this past week about my dizziness and lightheaded was which I know is a common symptom of anxiety and panic attacks but why do I get dizzy even when I'm not in the middle of a attack,like just dizzy for no reason,obviously I had every test done and they all came back clear but out of all the years I have dealt with this anxiety I have never experienced dizziness that lasts almost all day,and that out of it feeling,I'm not even comfortable driving anymore,anyone else deal with this

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dizzy seems to follow anxious people, with or without panic attacks. Im auuming you also has an eye exam right?
  • Posted

I have this too. Once I managed to stop it. Dizzness can persist some time even if you don't feel anxious. Once you lower anxiety for a longer period of time.... Dizziness will fall, but quite some time afterwards.

Still, ask your doctor about it and what you can do. Ask what else can you do. Keep testing if doctors thing it is needed, not to seek for problem, but to make you feel better and to be sure smile

Good luck !

• Posted

Hello. I literally posted in here today about the same problem. I'm not convinced it's down to my anxiety but that's because I have anxiety? But anyway I'm having the same thing, just randomly getting dizzy and having to lay down in order for it to ease up or pass and although mine doesn't last all day it can last for up to an hour and it starts for no reason too. Maybe it is our anxiety then ?

• Posted

Yes that's me,I have to lay down and when it goes away I just feel like out of it or in a fog,so happy to hear from others that have this,even though I don't want anyone else to experience what I'm going through,thanks for replying,it helps me so much

• Posted

Yes, I experience dizziness. Latest was today st the hospital for a test. I got dizzy in the hallway, and had to lean on the wall for awhile. Anxiety!!
    • Posted

I certainly agree with you on that. It just occured to me that the dizziness often responds to drinking a glass of water. When I got dizzy at the hospital I noticed how dry my mouth was, and looked for a water fountain, which I couldn't find. I drove home carefully. First thing was a glass of water...the dizziness was totally gone immediately. See if this works for you, Shannon.

• Posted

Yes me and very bad the past 5 days its so sick what we have to deal with and it scares you out your mind well me anyways. Hope your feeling alittle better and its subsiding
  • Posted

It's horrid I'm 43 n it's one of the first signs anxiety is trying to rear its vile head!! Although I know this now it never helps when it happens sending love xx

• Posted

Thanks so much for replying,it's awful but I know I will get through it,wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy

• Posted

By the way how does everyone feel about klonipion or Xanax,will it take away my dizziness,I don't even drink alcohol because I don't like feeling under the influence of anything but of it could possibly help me get through this time I would be willing to give it a try,anyone with a personal experience with these meds

• Posted

I can't get them to out me back on klonopine it was working but was only on it for 7 days don't know what happened got new psychiatrist and wants me to take gabapentin not even comfortable with that

• Posted

Ooh try that have been hearing so much good stuff in that. I did have a friend who used it for dizzyness too. Well worth the try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.