Dizzy all the time,even when not having a panic attack

Posted , 9 users are following.

So I have written on here a couple of time this past week about my dizziness and lightheaded was which I know is a common symptom of anxiety and panic attacks but why do I get dizzy even when I'm not in the middle of a attack,like just dizzy for no reason,obviously I had every test done and they all came back clear but out of all the years I have dealt with this anxiety I have never experienced dizziness that lasts almost all day,and that out of it feeling,I'm not even comfortable driving anymore,anyone else deal with this

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I'm 16 and I have the same exact problems. I learned that it's just your body fighting off the anxiety, even though you may not be anxious your body is still in a state of panic because your nerves are so high from regular anxiety. I started a new school yesterday and I was so distracted that I wasn't dizzy all day, which was a first because before I was lightheaded and dizzy ALL THE TIME. This Sunday I went to the mall and I felt so bad that I cryed and made my mom leave. But it was just anxiety, I take lexapro which worked for a while and then I started getting dizzy again, but like you I have had test done and I'm fine so I just keep reminding myself thatsmile

• Posted

The reason why you are getting dizzy persistantly and without necessarily suffering panic attacks is because it is due to the overall state of anxiety. Panic attacks are the boiling point if you like. Just a release - explosion if you will. Your problem is not the panic attacks which are just a symptom, but consistent high tension. Eventually tension along with hefty doses of cortisol and adrenaline being pumped through your system, start to affect basic functioning. One of the usual culprits for this kind of dizziness you describe is really simple but many people don't think of it. Muscle spasm and acid accumulation around the spine especially at the base of the skull. This can start of as tension headaches and quickly escalate to spasm or restricted blood flow to the area. Mine was resolved on a hunch, as i refused to take dizziness and vertigo medication. I felt the tension and asked for medical massage. Deep tissue kind, very painful and unpleasent. I had 3 sessions. After the third and last i got a bit of a fever and felt very sick. About 2 days after I woke up without any dizziness for the first time in months. I was dizziness free for over 2 years. Now to prevent this, besinds keeping hydrated, i work on consciously relaxing my shoulders, stomach and stretching my back and neck at least three times a day. When it gets a bit tense i go for a 15 minute massage, just neck, back and arms. And i move around moremore. Accent on stretching. Just a suggestion. It may help you too. All the best.

• Posted

I,mgoing to give a natural solition that i hooe works for you. Go het a lot of ginger and a juicer. Best ourchase youll ever make with dizzy iisues. One inch of fresh ginger (peel ot) and three stalks of celerly and ine green apple. Drink it every single day. The. Buy candied ginger or the ginger from the sushi areas in the markets. Eat it woth some white rice in the evening. This will helo you with the dizziness. Its pure and natural and very useful.i did this every day for minths sometimes i would use a oear instead of an apple but same premise. Theres no suppliments knstead if this. Fresh. But you do need a simple juicer. 
    • Posted

Sorry abt the typos im outside
  • Posted

I am lightheaded/dizzy 24/7, my Dr says its a physical symptom of anxiety and panic disorder and I also get loads of other horrible symptoms out the blue that lasts for days/months, but every other day or even several days I get severe Panic attacks that are so severe I can hardly get out of bed.

But to this day 23 yrs later no Dr or Psychologist has helped they haven't a clue, heart goes out who ever suffers with this it takes your life away.

• Posted

I totally understand how u feel.im 36 and have had thus dizziness for 21 years,it's absolutely awful. been to different doctors,different meds and nothing has ever helped.i can't even walk my dog in my own street without feeling like I'm going to pass out and if i see any neighbours etc I panic as I know I have to stop and speak to them and get severe dizziness 😩

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.