Dizzy, confused , drunk like feeling, detached from reality feeling. HELP!

Posted , 35 users are following.

I am a 23 year old male from England, currently living in Australia. I have been getting my 88 days agricultural work done to get my second year visa. It all began 10-15 days ago. I worked outside in 35 degree heat for 10 hours picking vegestables with little water intake and no hat. A day or 2 later I got sun stroke symptoms.. flu  symptoms, extremely cold but sweating,  high temp, head aches, no appetite, very weak etc.. I can’t remember if it wasn’t after this or during this but I also got a strange feeling in my head, dizziness, no concentration, confusion and feeling of being drunk (without alcohol), questioning my decisions, struggling to see properly (although things weren’t blurry) having a lot of trouble concentrating with my eyes, they feel like they are constantly moving, feeling as though I am not inside my body or mind, not wanton the to be around many people but worried to be alone... the sun stroke/flu symptoms left the next day but these other symptoms have stayed. 

I have been to the hospital and had a CT scan and my blood taken. All came back fine.  Which has worried me even more. The hospital can’t help me so what can I do. I am so so worried this will last for a very long time if not forever. I am not sleeping and having small panic attacks, especially at night. It Feels as though I can see things but they aren’t registering in my head. It is so hard to explain. I feel like I am dying. I don’t know what to do. Someone please help. 

2 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I too get these Symptoms however i also get dizziness, nausea & sometimes confusion. I get crazy thoughts, racing thoughts & feeling like i cant complete the simplest task.

Iv had multible CT scans, Dr’s tell me i have Anxiety etc & make me feel stupid.

Im trying so hard to hold it together

• Posted

hi my doctor also told me it might be labrinthitus. turns out after all of these months/years it is anxiety. To be honest, the sooner i accepted this, the quicker things got better for me. knowing it was my own brain and my own thoughts helped me. I strongly advise MEDITATION, BREATHING PRACTICES, ICE BATHS/SHOWERS, READING etc. I had to completely change my lifestyle for things to get better. I am also on anxiety pills, Escitalopram to be exact. this works after 3 weeks things start to get better.

Although, along the journey i have had spells of a 'laps' and i have became unwell again. I had to take time off, practise what I have advised and get myself back on track. I started on the 10MG and had to go to the 20MG, a month of two in, I now take one every 2 days (sometimes i forget and its 3-4 days - BUT IT IS KEY TO KNOW IT IS FINE AND I WILL TAKE ONE AND EVERYTHING WILL GO BACK TO NORMAL AFTER A DAY OR SO. Its so hard to say you need to just relax, but you really need to and need to know this will help.

Just trust me, things can get better and they will. I am not saying all of these posts are definitely the same as me, because they probably aren't. But you will get better!

• Posted

Hi, I just saw this reply after I replied to the original post. I think I am also experiencing anxiety but its hard not to worry about a brain tumor or chemical imbalance in my brain. The strewed eye sight is the most concerning, how did you deal with that?

• Posted

Im feeling the same way 😯pls let me know if you found anything that helps....have you been tested for lyme ?? Were you on any medecation before this started happening ?? Pls let us know  ....

• Posted

hi my doctor also told me it might be labrinthitus. turns out after all of these months/years it is anxiety. To be honest, the sooner i accepted this, the quicker things got better for me. knowing it was my own brain and my own thoughts helped me. I strongly advise MEDITATION, BREATHING PRACTICES, ICE BATHS/SHOWERS, READING etc. I had to completely change my lifestyle for things to get better. I am also on anxiety pills, Escitalopram to be exact. this works after 3 weeks things start to get better.

Although, along the journey i have had spells of a 'laps' and i have became unwell again. I had to take time off, practise what I have advised and get myself back on track. I started on the 10MG and had to go to the 20MG, a month of two in, I now take one every 2 days (sometimes i forget and its 3-4 days - BUT IT IS KEY TO KNOW IT IS FINE AND I WILL TAKE ONE AND EVERYTHING WILL GO BACK TO NORMAL AFTER A DAY OR SO. Its so hard to say you need to just relax, but you really need to and need to know this will help.

Just trust me, things can get better and they will. I am not saying all of these posts are definitely the same as me, because they probably aren't. But you will get better!

• Posted

did u ever recover from this? i am currently experiencing the exact same thing. its been going on for 3 weeks now and seems to be getting worse. its like someone has stuffed my head with cotton wool. every small head/eye movement sets off a weird fuzziness in my head. my head also feels heavy as if its swaying even though its not. i'm more forgetful, seem to be knocking in to things more than i should... and extremely tired, even though i'm sleeping fine.

• Posted

• Posted

hi, i don't know if anyone is still active here but I am experiencing similar symptoms. I've been struggling with bad insomnia for about 15 years... and I started feeling that detached feeling along with other things for a long time now but it only seems to be getting worse. I have been to doctors too and also referred to psychologists. I am a very high stressed person so I also think it might be a severe case of anxiety. Thus I come to the internet for answers but I seem to be unable to find the answers.

• Posted

• Edited

Hi, I also have been feeling the exact same as you. Mine started 2 months ago about a week after I suffered from a hemiplegic migraine. The feeling of looking through drunk eyes started to give me anxiety and I then believed I was slowly loosing my mind, went the doc he did some checks I.e oxygen levels, ecg, bloods, BP, pulse and everything came back fine, he told me to come back if persisted, he then gave me propranolol for my anxiety which has been fab at lowering my racing heart, but I ended up in hospital after not being able to focus and started to panic they gave me an ecg which came back clear, I'm also booked in for an mri this month. Unfortunately Im still suffering with this drunk like vision aswell as dizziness, I find mines worse when I go for a walk, do the housework, stand for long periods or eat. I also have this feeling of pressure in my head but I only feel it when I tilt my head to one side or rest my hands on the back of my head, I feel pressure over my nose also. I've been in contact with my Dr again who's says it could be a thing called labrinthitus which is an infection of the inner ear and he prescribed me with prochlorperazine, great side affect if these though is dizziness which is all I need when I'm already dizzy. Fingers crossed this works as I'm starting to feel as though I'll be stuck like this forever and it's already debilitating enough

• Edited

• Posted

hi DNort123!

I'm a South African boy who is 19 years old and what you explained above is exactly what I've been trying to tell doctors and my parents all these years. I don't have any of high blood pressure and stuff, I did those tests but results came negative. I'm not smoking or drinking.

this is the 6th year living with this condition.

DNort123 here is a thing, don't you ever become more high when you perform physical activities such as running, jumping etc. I do get high when I do any of exercise????

• Posted

Hi Im 22 year old female going on 23 i too experence severe fatigue just walking and laying down relaxing on the daily basis i dont know why though... I been to hospital over 20 times last year 2020 for fataige and it getting worse because im tired earlier at night any way point is it sucks. Im with ya on that and hopefully we can all get answers.... ASAP! SOONER THEN LATER....

4SURE.

• Posted

Hi I am a 21 y/o female and I have these symptoms. It is really hard to get doctors and psychiatrist to understand. Did you find a solution?

• Edited

hi i am 27 years old. i found this while searching about what i am going through. i am suffering from very bad insomnia for past 8 months. i have not slept for 8 months.

i feel dizzy but i am sure my eyes are functioning well but its like i cant concerntrate. hard to think or remember sometimes. its been 10 months this has started. i spoke to doctor they say i am doing fine.

i miss the clear sun light that i use to feel before. its like living in dementia. i am no more enjoying my life.

hard to explain others what i am going through. any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.