Dizzy, confused , drunk like feeling, detached from reality feeling. HELP!

Posted , 35 users are following.

I am a 23 year old male from England, currently living in Australia. I have been getting my 88 days agricultural work done to get my second year visa. It all began 10-15 days ago. I worked outside in 35 degree heat for 10 hours picking vegestables with little water intake and no hat. A day or 2 later I got sun stroke symptoms.. flu  symptoms, extremely cold but sweating,  high temp, head aches, no appetite, very weak etc.. I can’t remember if it wasn’t after this or during this but I also got a strange feeling in my head, dizziness, no concentration, confusion and feeling of being drunk (without alcohol), questioning my decisions, struggling to see properly (although things weren’t blurry) having a lot of trouble concentrating with my eyes, they feel like they are constantly moving, feeling as though I am not inside my body or mind, not wanton the to be around many people but worried to be alone... the sun stroke/flu symptoms left the next day but these other symptoms have stayed. 

I have been to the hospital and had a CT scan and my blood taken. All came back fine.  Which has worried me even more. The hospital can’t help me so what can I do. I am so so worried this will last for a very long time if not forever. I am not sleeping and having small panic attacks, especially at night. It Feels as though I can see things but they aren’t registering in my head. It is so hard to explain. I feel like I am dying. I don’t know what to do. Someone please help. 

2 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello. I am a 20 year old female and it was so amazing to read this post! Everything you described felt exactly like what i am going through but I could never put it into words. I have been dealing with a very similar problem for well over a year now. I feel extremely dizzy, nauseous, confused, disorientated, out of body, feeling like i am drunk, intense chest pain. I even began having siezures. I have gotten almost every test imaginable. CT scans, MRI, chest xray, echocardiogram, multiple EEGs, multiple hearts monitors, stool samples, blood tests...everything came back with nothing. They determined i didnt have epilepsy but NES. I have recently stopped having seizures and most of the chest pain but have still been experiencing all of my other symptoms. Every second of the day i feel drunk or hungover. so dizzy and confused and nauseous. Everyone has told me it is anxiety but i am not an anxious person and have done my absolute best to reduce any stress i may have. Did you ever figure anything out? I have been dealing with this with so long it feels hopeless but i am so done with wanting to throw up every second of every day. Is there anything anyone else could maybe give me???

• Posted

hi!!! not sure if this is still active at all or if anybody going to see this at all but I have had the same symptoms as described here for over a year now and honestly I feel like I can’t move on anymore I can’t live like this it is unbearable so please if any of the people on here have found a solution for this that actually works please let me know I have literally had so many things done on me I had an MRI a CAT scan bloodwork of every possible kind I’ve gone to at least 6 Different doctors and still nothing I am losing hope I don’t know what to do anymore...i rather be in physical pain of ANY kind than this! i feel like I'm completely loosing my mind. ive started to have ear pain with everything else thats going on dizziness complete fug of a vision, headaches, ive been trying to keep it together and manage it but i don't want to live like this i don’t even feel real or in my body at all i feel like im drunk and just losing it ive been not able to stand for long anymore it really messes with my life! HELP since no doctor can. 😦

• Posted

I've felt like this for about 4 years still haven't got to the bottom of it its super frustrating. had loads of tests done and nothing came back. I literally don't know what else to try.

• Edited

i feel the same strange feeling in my head, dizziness, no concentration, confusion and feeling of being drunk (without alcohol), questioning my decisions, struggling to see properly (although things weren’t blurry) having a lot of trouble concentrating with my eyes, they feel like they are constantly moving eye pain kr head pain weakness.

ihave done my ct scan all test is clear and i have also done my eye check-up...my eye is good no power...but my eye doc give me b12 medicine....i think this symptoms is because of B12 deficiency you try to eat b12 suppliment or get your b12 Blood test done.

• Posted

Hi, Did you ever find out what it was. I have a similar situation and feeling.

• Posted

hello, it's been a while since this post was written but I googled my symptoms and found it. I curious if you have found any answer or cure for your symptoms. do you still have them nowadays? i am experiencing the same stuff for 3 years now , no success in finding answers

• Posted

please please tell me someone has an answer to this. i have felt like this for nearly the past year.. ive struggled to explain how i feel and reading these posts is like a mirror image. i think my drs think i am making it all up, ive had counselling and on the waiting list for CBT but thats because i now have health anxiety because of how long this is going on for.

• Posted

i know this post was a long time ago but maybe someone is still going through this. maybe your situation is different but im sure the doctors told you to stay WELL hydrated . But did they tell you about overhydrating. i experienced something similar but after a week i noticed the symptoms would occur later in the day close to the evening by that time i had 8 mineral waters 12oz. and 8 maybe 10 water bottles i felt confused and very much sleepy but couldnt sleep.

One sign of overhydration or water intoxication is a feeling of confusion or disorientation. This is linked to falling levels of electrolytes, like as sodium, in the body. In extreme cases, drinking too much water and lowering the sodium concentration in your blood can cause your brain to swell dangerously.

if your drinking too much water cut back 50% for a couple days and see if that changed things. good luck yall. 😁

• Posted

hi my name is Julio I am 16 and I have been struggling with the same symptoms and I feel like I’m going crazy I don’t know how to describe it. this all started on December 25 and my family was having a gathering prior to that date my dad let me try alcohol and I have also done weed once. but what I do remember from my story is that day was that it was really stressful and I was anxious this occurred at night I was drinking water but later that night I started feeling dizzy like I was drugged and a quickly panic because I knew I should not be feeling good I run to the restroom and as soon as I got there I kind of blacked out for a minute people came looking for me and when I stared at them their voice is full just attacking my head I didn’t want to be around none of them it seemed like I was in a dream then they told me to get back flat on the bed they felt my heart rate and it was really high at the moment my hands are cold and my head had a fever they took me to the hospital they run blood test and many other things and they couldn’t diagnosed me The first week after that incident I was still very paranoid the symptom for really high my mom thought it was anxiety and depersonalization so she started giving me a call my nerves and get rid of that after a month and a half the symptoms start calm down and start eating a better diet and everything was going well still haven’t felt like I did before December 20 but it was better than I was being paranoid having 10 panic attacks a day not wanted to leave my room because I was scared but now I could have walked talk to people and then more physically active But just two days ago I’m having his feelings come back to me I can hear myself talk louder and I could see other people talking louder I see their voibut just two days ago I’m having these feelings come back to me I could hear myself talk louder and I could see other people talking louder I see them talking And hear the voice delayed after and hear their voice delayed after they talk they talk and I just think I’m going crazy if anyone could read this message please help I don’t know what to do I don’t want to feel any of this anymore please call me or text me if anyone see this message 6022922023

• Posted

I would also like to say this has been going on for about a year and a half and I don’t think it’s normal no more I just want to get done with this

• Edited

I'm 26 years old. male.. I've been having the same symptoms since January, it's October already. it's been about 10 months already. i was having a normal day. i went to work got back and starting working out. i used to smoke medical marijuana. I used to take ginger root and L arginine supplements before working out. i had been doing that for over a year. one day in the middle of a workout, i almost collapsed and had to go to the hospital for these exact same symptoms. i haven't been able to find any real help. Doctors can't figure it out exactly e and say its things like anxiety, vertigo and dissociation.. if you find anything out on the condition, please let me know. please

• Posted

Hi, not sure if this thread is still active but I wanted to share my experience, maybe it will help someone. I had similar symptoms for 2 years, I was told it was anxiety as all my tests were normal. But I felt ill and seemed to be getting worse as the time passed.

I saw a lot of doctors and no one could help. My mental health was affected and I started to get panic attacks. My blood pressure also started to drop, it was so low I couldn't get up from bed - too dizzy, too weak, felt like I was drunk. I couldn't sleep at night.

Eventually one of the tests came back positive for parasites. The problem in my case was not the parasite itself but the toxins the parasite was releasing. I was allergic to these toxins (very few people are!) and all my symptoms were caused by that. Also, apparently due to the life cycle of the parasite, it was hard to detect it, so previous tests showed nothing.

My symptoms would also come and go, or get worse and then a bit better. This was also something to do with the life cycle of the parasite.

So please please do get tested for parasites. This has to be done several times, a few days apart and repeated if negative, just to be sure. It may not be the solution for everyone with these symptoms, but even if one person has the same problem and this helps, that would make me happy.

I suffered for 2 years and all it took to cure me was a course of metronidazole for 10 days. It took me further 12 months to recover from panic attacks, but at least I was healthy again!

If it's not what you have, I really hope you will find a solution. I believe these are genuine symptoms of some illness and not something in your head! Yes, a lot of doctors told me it was in my head too. You know your body better than anybody else, so if you are not feeling well keep going back to your doctor until they help.

All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.