dizzyiness and headaches

Posted , 22 users are following.

Hi all. I am a 42 year old healthy male that is suffering from terrible headaches and dizzy spells with lightheaded feeling. This all happened about 2 weeks ago when I was out walking and all of a sudden felt dizzy and had a little headache after.I went the the ER at hospital 5 days later as was still feeling headache and dizzy spells. They done blood work that came back clear, done neuro tests on body and came back clear, don't a CT scan on brain and came back clear. They wanted to do a lumber puncture but another doctor said it was to late as there is a 72 hr window from when you first experience symtoms to test that in a way I was glad not to have that. Anyway I have been back to ER since with same problems and they said they cant help me I need to see a neuro doctor.

I am really depressed as cant go out much as to dizzy for walking long distance and don't know what to do now. The second time I went to ER the doc said Ct is fine nothing to worry about but I know my body and how I feel. I was also tested for a inner ear infection and that's ok. Again symtoms are headache that varies and dizzy spells on and off throughout the day. Am I a lost cause as I have trained in the gym for over 20 years lifting weights and I haven't been since this happened.

1 like, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Malcy

Hope you are better now. If not try Brandt & Daroff Exercises to help with the dizziness.  My Doctor prescribed medication, but it helps to have a family member who can help.  My daughter is a Healthcare assistant and they treat patients with vertigo and suggest these excercises as a self help option

• Posted

Thank you for the information, just tried it and feel better already, I went to six flags and think I got head injury, was getting dizzy spells and headaches every day, you have been very helpful.
  • Posted

hi

have read all of your symptoms and i to have had all of these and all the same tests. with all the expensive doctors.

However i have had a breakthrough with mine and you may like to give this a try.

I saw a natural therapist and she told me to take all onion and onion products and garlic includes all sauces and hidden onion powders in foods out of your diet.

as they cause dizzyness and headaches and vertigo feelings if allergic to them. since doing this i feel better

Up to you if you might give this a try. goodluck

Bel eyre .

• Posted

Hey, WOW what a relief to see others who have had similar!

I had health anxiety for a long time, and when this dizziness started I thought it was connected to that, and my doctor did, well I'm a bit better from m anxiety but still getting dizzyness, especially if I turn my head a certain way, I have tinitus in one ear, and lots fo problems with my sinuses and swollen lymph nodes from repeated colds, it's so fustrating as I eat really well, exercise, don't really drink anymore, I do smoke cigarettes, this has been a hard one for me as I smoke to calm down after panicking, or if I'm dizzy.

I had bloods done, my doc would not send me for an MRI as she doesn't see the point without other symptoms, she says it's just anxiety, I think it's ENT related, as I had problems with blocked ears and ringing as a child.

• Posted

I'm 25 by the way just incase that is relevant 
    • Posted

Hey, I'm 26 with the exact same symptoms. It's been like this for 3 weeks now. I've seen a neurologist and an ENT and they ruled out an inner ear infection. The neurologist keeps saying migraines but it's literally been every day for 3 weeks with no issues prior to that. The dizzy spells are killing me because i haven't been able to take off work. Have you found any answers? Everyone keeps telling me anxiety but I know that's not it. Thanks! 
  • Posted

Hi there. My name is Chuck. Im 44. You know,, I have the exact same thing that happens to me!! The headachs last for hours, and the dizzness starts to get longer every day. Every time I stop drinking, Ithis starts to happen. But the head achs are always there. but not they are together. I looked up brain cancer, but the smptons are to general. And most of them do not fit the discription. If I find out whats going on, I will let you know. Please do the same for me. This sucks!!!

Chuck.

• Posted

Hi Malcolm,

i have the same symthom as you and I also go to gym quite regularly but now I have stop completely.  

The symthom arise when I start walking outside to shop.  Have you found out what was the problem? Please let me know if you have. Thank you and take care.

• Posted

Hello, I've been looking everywhere for answers and have the exact same symptoms that you were having. MRI was clear, blood tests are clear, headaches in the back of my head that spread to my forehead and top of my head with dizzy spells. It's been like this for 3 weeks and I'm too afraid to go anywhere because I'm worried about falling. Everyone thinks I'm making it up but I know there is something wrong. I've been to an ENT and they ruled out an inner ear infection and did vestibular balance tests. The neurologists just said a migraine and give me steroids but nothing has helped. I have gotten these every day for weeks now. This is ruining my life. Please let me know if you found any answers. I'm desperate and sick of going to doctors that can't figure it out. I hope you are feeling better. 
  • Posted

Hi

Can I ask how you are and also what your out come was my symtoms seem the same as yours I also can't seem to focus on things that great

• Posted

Hi malay

I'm pete and what u had last year I have the same systems.

how long did yours last for and are u ok now.

It's very hard for me to walk being light headed it started a week ago and just got worse now.

Doc has given me some dizzy pills to get rid not much good I have dull pain at bk of head and Iat this time can only get to my garden then I have to lay down for rest of day.

Hope to here from u soon or any one else who has thanks pete

• Posted

How are you now malcy555.

I have this feeling too. I already undergo different test like CT scan and all okay.

• Posted

Get free booklet from the brain and spine foundation on vertigo website or telephone 02077935900
  • Posted

What i've experience everytime i feel dizzy and coupled with a headache is that when i suddenly (sudden turn) move from my bed, And last time i also have vomitting with dizziness. And now  am having it again but this time without the vomitting. Hope somebody could relate... Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.