Dizzyness and chewing food

Posted , 6 users are following.

Along with everything else, I have been noticing that simply chewing food can bring about dizziness. Anyone else experience that? Maybe this is nerve related? 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Interesting.....  That could be a neck / nerve related issue. 
  • Posted

Oddly enough, when I went for an MRI on my brain, they had me take Ativan and my dizziness has reduced greatly.
    • Posted

I will be heading off to my family dr on monday, and I will be suggesting Ativan for those "special moments".
    • Posted

Doctors dont like to prescribe it due to its high potential of abuse. At least in Canada.
    • Posted

Same here in the U.S. - they only gave me one tablet for the MRI
    • Posted

Ativan is used to treat vestibular disorders. Google it. It helps with dizziness....however it can be addicting and slow down the healing/compensation process. Gotta be careful.
    • Posted

Ativan does work for dizziness.....but it slows down the healing/compensation process and is highly addicting. Ativan. Is sometimes used to treat vestibular disorders....Google it
    • Posted

But it feels great to get a relief now and then
  • Posted

Hi Marie, although I  Don,t experience that as such, my jaw cracks a lot when I open my mouth wide. ,I,think it is all to,do,with the tension we have due to,our issues in the neck and holding our facial muscles so tight without realising  it. there are so many seemingly 'little' things that can set off our dizziness, and as my consultant explained to me a while back, the vestibular system is so intricate and delicate that it can be easily triggered when thingsaren't right, ie 'out of sync'.  If,I were,you I would look,in your Tirgger Therapy book for jaw and facial muscles.  I often find that if I  press  my thumb  or finger into the area underneath my cheekbone and following it up,towards the ear, that area is quite sore, which means there,s stress in that area, so I will gently massage that up,and along.  Or to be more effective is to put your finger into the back of your mouth right behind  the back of your last upper molars,and upwards you will feel a kind of hollow area, which is effectively the same point on the outside where your cheekbone is near to your ear.  You will know when you get the right spot as it will be real sore! mine is always sore.  massage it for a while and see what you think.  you could be grinding your teeth in your sleep (I think I do!) and that can set off all sorts of stuff!!
    • Posted

Ativan - Google it - it is for anxiety. They have it to me because the MRI was 40 minutes and they wanted to make sure I stayed still
    • Posted

Ok will do. I was being lazy as am. Nearly falling asleep and been on screen too,long for my own good,mha ha! 
    • Posted

Also is used for vestibular disorders.... Google it....interesting read

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.