Dizzyness and chewing food

Posted , 6 users are following.

Along with everything else, I have been noticing that simply chewing food can bring about dizziness. Anyone else experience that? Maybe this is nerve related? 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I personally haven't been dizzy from chewing, but the dizzy doc treating me put a massager up along my jaw and ear, and it made the room spin. Seems like the vibrations from chewing could cause the same thing but on a smaller level.
    • Posted

Hi Kevin,

thank you for sharing that. That is why walking on hard surfaces sets off a different type of dizziness where it leads to tingling and numbness to hands and feet. Its making more sense to me. 

• Posted

Yeah sounds nerve related ! Something to do with the jaw etc! 
  • Posted

Yes I get this as well. I think it has to do with blood flow decreasing from the inner ear to accommodate stomach digestion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.