Dizzyness/ lightheaded / dazed feeling

Posted , 9 users are following.

Went Xmas shopping today and just felt in a world of my own. Like I'm in a daze/ lightheaded. 

Iv had enough of feeling like this! It brings me down and makes me not want go do anything and scared. Will this pass? Has anyone experienced this? And got through it? And any tips? 

I get this every day! I am also day 7 of Prozac. 

2 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I get this all the time, but i have accepted it is just a part of my anxiety and when it is very bad it is a sign to me that i need to get a better nights sleep and take it easy for a couple of days. I get it alot when i am shopping or driving, but CBT has helped me to see that it can't hurt me and i usually just try to finish what i am doing, but just pay attention to your stress levels and be mindful when its bad to just take some time out to relax
    • Posted

Iv stopped driving now because of it. My life has turned upside down last month because of this sad never had it before. And I'm 22 stuck in with no life. Hense why iv started Prozac to see if will help.

Did CBT help? And have you ever done mindful courses? As I want to try it. Iv started counselling.

• Posted

I am on the list for a mindfullness course, but the CBT was very good! I had 7 sessions alongside the prozac which i am still taking, and i started to see improvement after a few weeks... You will get better huni, the prozac takes a while to kick is, so be patient
    • Posted

Thank you. My mums on Prozac too and she is loving life. I just think because I'm young it's got to me very bad. And the lightheaded feeling has ruined me. I really hope it works. 

Thanks for the kind words means a lot smile like you said iv just got to hang in there.

Honestly counselling was great! You will see some difference. I'm also going to mindfulness courses too as iv heard that's great. 

• Posted

I totally know how you feel. I been getting the lighthead feel lately.  Comes with shortness of breath. It is, scary! It's hard to ignore. I do can't wait till this feeling goes away. Also makes me nervous.  
    • Posted

You need to do some controlled breathing exercises huni to get your breathing pattern back to normal
    • Posted

There's some great apps on the net that helps a lot with mindfulness and breathing.. And teaches you how to cope with anxiety/panic attacks.. I haven't tried CBT yet but went to 2 counseling app and didn't learn anything.. I teach myself off the apps I've downloaded..
  • Posted

Ah, the dreaded derealization I anxiety. I had this terribly bad 12 years ago for a few weeks. After meds and counselling I was back to normal. I've begun feeling this way again, and an just hoping it goes away as quickly as last time. Any other symptoms?
    • Posted

Nope just that? It's really weird? I feel normal? Just the dizzyness? Is driving me instance? Did it pass for you? 
    • Posted

I felt dizzy. Then I feel like in a daze like I'm not walking on the floor sort of thing. And feel sick and get scared. Like your in a dream. Weird horrible feeling. 
    • Posted

Did you feel this before starting the Prozac?  When I stared my SSRI I could literally feel it working in my head.  Felt like a tight band around my head accompanied by an intense brain fog. Also, was overly emotional and couldn't focus on anything.  I'm just wondering if this the startup effects of the medication. 

I also experienced depersonalization at the very beginning of my troubles, way before the meds.  Felt like I was experiencing everything from outside of my body, kind of like a dream. I didn't feel a shred of happiness and my ego was totally dead. That lasted around 5 days. 

• Posted

This was before the Prozac yes. I'm day 8 of Prozac so it probs isnt in my system yet. Did you see any difference? And started feeling normal? It's driving me insane.
    • Posted

My doctor has given me some pills i can take for the dizzyness up to 3 times a day, sometimes they work well, other times just take the edge off... Some people would call what i have vertigo which is really a symptom of anxiety and not a condition on its own
    • Posted

I suffer from positional vertigo as a separate entity from anxiety. It can be a condition on its own, but it can make one worry, and trigger anxiety.
    • Posted

Do you take anything else? With them tablets? I know I have to go back in 2 weeks to see how I'm getting on. So I will defiantly mention again the dizziness x
    • Posted

I take antivert for my veritgo... What med do you take Tracie for your dizziness?
    • Posted

I suffer from this to Jen.. When my anxiety is bad so is the positional vertigo sad
    • Posted

Its the way you move your head in certain positions.. I've lived with mine since 2008. Usually I can cope when its acting up but anxiety brings it out,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.